What part went here?

/ What part went here? #1  

nrp0450

Tractor
Kubota M4700
I have a Kubota M4700. Last time I used it when I got it back in the shed I noticed an oil spot below it. After searching for where it was coming from I found a hole (port?) in the crankcase on the right side of the tractor (when sitting in the seat) that faces mostly down but slightly inward, similar to how a dipstick hole is. But it doesn't look at all like the dipstick hole on the other side. I turned the tractor back on just to confirm and yes, little drops of oil were shooting out of the hole and dripping down the side of the tractor to the floor. I searched way too long for a parts diagram that showed it. The closest thing I could find was this: Parts for Kubota M4700. But it shows the wrong side of the engine and just lists part numbers 020 to 140 for the side I need, and it doesn't show where they go. I did go by the kubota dealer, which is a good hour away, and they had the same parts diagram and couldn't tell me what it was. I didn't take the tractor with me and I didn't have pictures at the time. I'm attaching pictures to this post that get progressively closer to the hole/port so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm hoping someone can tell me what goes there. I don't see any threads in the hole.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 297
  • photo3-edited.jpg
    photo3-edited.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 258
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 317
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
   / What part went here? #2  
Nice job with the pictures. Could you tell if the hole was threaded? Looks like maybe a plug should be there. Post in the Kubota section will help.

/ What part went here?
No threads in it that I could see. I couldn't tell for sure though since I couldn't look straight into it. I even got a mirror to try and look down it. If it has threads they don't start for a little bit. Thanks for the heads up about posting in the Kubota thread. I'll do that.

/ What part went here? #4  
Probably just a plug, unless you cant locate your oil pressure sender.

/ What part went here?
I located the oil pressure sender, I think. Is it part number 250 in this diagram?: Parts for Kubota M4700 Called "SWITCH, OIL".

Assuming it's just a plug that I'm missing, how do I know what plug to get? Are plugs universal?

/ What part went here? #6  
Assuming they dealer is full service, now that you have pics, email them and ask the mechanic there to look at em.

/ What part went here? #7  
G'day my guess is seeing you only have a bit of splash oil coming out then it is not an oil press sender hole ( you would know if it was ), i would say it is anothe rdipstick hole for when they use the engine in a different application and it should just have a plug of some description in it,

Jon

/ What part went here?
Thanks everyone for your help. I emailed the pictures to the dealer and they figured out what part it was and ordered it for me. So I'm back in business. Here's a pic of the part.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 143