John Deere 420U

/ John Deere 420U #1  

1946JD

Tractor
John Deere B 1946
I'm getting ready to put some new seals on my john deere 420U on the clutch rod that goes throught the tranny on both side, but my question is if I pull the clutch pedal and shaft out to replace the seals will anything inside the tranny fall inside it and not be able to re aline it so it works again so I'm kinda needing some help on this one :confused::confused:

/ John Deere 420U #2  
I'm getting ready to put some new seals on my john deere 420U on the clutch rod that goes throught the tranny on both side, but my question is if I pull the clutch pedal and shaft out to replace the seals will anything inside the tranny fall inside it and not be able to re aline it so it works again so I'm kinda needing some help on this one :confused::confused:
There is most likely a fork on the shaft that pushed the throwout bearing forward against the clutch fingers. Get a shop manual or see if a parts manual is available on line. It will show you what's inside the bell housing. I think the seals you are talking about are really bushings.