Farmall super A

/ Farmall super A #1  

bixel68

Tractor
Farmall super A
Farmall super A. Having stall issues after tractor is warmed up (about 10 minutes). Changed the points, which elongated the time before the stalling begins (from 3 minutes to 10). If I full choke when it begins to stall, it will run weakly, but not enough power to pull.
Thankss- Dean

/ Farmall super A #2  
Clean the fuel system and the air cleaner. If that doesn't fix the problem, tear into the carb and clean the jets.

/ Farmall super A #3  
Used to have a Farmall"B" and when it would act simuliar it was fuel starvation. then would clean the fuel water seperator and watch when turning shut off valve if the fuel was running freely.
if so time to clean carb. the check valve may have trash or just need cleaning . If water has accumulated causing rust the high speed valve could be partly closed with trash. also check for loose gasket or air leak in intake to manifold.
If all looks good recheck the idle and high speed adjustments. start engine and at idle slowly screw in the idle valve until engine changes speed then turn back 1/2 turn. And then running speed (high idle) do same with high speed adj.
Does this engine have a mag. or ignition coil for spark. plugs clean .
Also mine had a aftermarket low oil pressure shut off. low oil and engine would shut off.
Hope this helps.
ken

/ Farmall super A #4  
check spark at stall.. if spark is good, look at fuel.. particularly tank vacume, and flow to carb.

soundguy

/ Farmall super A #5  
I would say fuel as well. If you remove the fuel line where it goes into the carb, you'll find a screen. Check that. Also, remove any inline filter if you have one - they restrict the flow too much.

/ Farmall super A #6  
that an h or m in yer avatar?

looks nice!

/ Farmall super A #8  
If you can look at a photo of that resolution and tell that it is a 1953 H and not an H from any other year, you sir, are a better man than I.
I'd not bet against it being an M.

/ Farmall super A #9  
Don't forget to check and see if there is still a screen above the sediment bowl gasket too...

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, and say..., 1953 Super H... And those are pretty rare..!!

/ Farmall super A #10  
DJ54 said:
Don't forget to check and see if there is still a screen above the sediment bowl gasket too...

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, and say..., 1953 Super H... And those are pretty rare..!!

Check your coil for spark when the engine dies. Touch your coil to see how warm it is.