Broken Tap!~ Extracted...

/ Broken Tap!~ Extracted... #1  

Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
I do not know if this 1/4'-18 NPT tap is / was OE or not in the Snap-On set I pulled it out of, that I bought on Ebay, BUT, a picture is worth a thousand words.

broken-tap-3.JPG

Adding insult to injury I paid McMaster to send a carrier to the shop w/ a "tap extractor" . It broke imediatly. I did what I should have done from jump street. I took it to Tom at "Jerry's Broken Drill & Tap Removal" in Santa Ana, California.

I am not a schill, these guys need to be known to those whom are not aware. THEY ROCK. www.brokentap.com is there addy.

For a VERY reasonable price they obliterated the offending chinese pos while I ate lunch. In converstion before I left I found out they do on-site extractions. Spendy it will be and if you can bring the job to the shop they will not come out but dang, talk about life savers! How many guys have throw away EXPENSIVE stuff because of a broken tap!

I had used these guys in the distant past and I should have gone to them from jump street. If you part is shipabe I bet ya they will oblige...

:thumbsup::thumbsup: from me.

/ Broken Tap!~ Extracted... #2  
We are all guilty when we continue to use tools of questionable quality.

Our suppliers are also guilty because they keep trying to slip them in solely based on price.

Craig Clayton

/ Broken Tap!~ Extracted... #3  
Is it Snap-on or BluePoint Snap-on. Some of the BP stuff (maybe all of it by now) is not made in the US.

/ Broken Tap!~ Extracted... #4  
It doen't matter neither one makes taps..

/ Broken Tap!~ Extracted...
Like I said, the whole set was bought from EBAY 2nd hand so I can not be 100% as to the origin of the tap.

It was a Snap On set.

Turning a negative into a posative I had ordered a new tap from McMaster. This tap looked really wierd. Almost like it would not work...then I tried it, WOW, Taper Pipe Taps with Interrupted Threads / 5 Flutes, this tap works WELL. I am really impressed. So much so I wrote the company and asked for info, here is what they sent;
CLICK HERE for PDF DL