Power Steering one way, Armstrong the other - Pls HELP!

/ Power Steering one way, Armstrong the other - Pls HELP! #1  

MartinWright

Tractor
Massey Fergusong 135 diesel
My Massey 135 Diesel will only turn to the right with power steering, and strong-arm to the left. Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a valve in the steering box or the pump that directs it to one side or the other?

Trying to understand why it's good to go one way, but not the other. I can rip it apart to find out, but thought I'd ask first to see if anyone's encountered this and can give me something definitive to go on.

Thank you,

Marty

/ Power Steering one way, Armstrong the other - Pls HELP! #2  
I wouldn't suggest tearing it apart until you know how it works. Don't know your skill or confidence level, but I suggest you look at parts breakdown for openers. You can go to an Agco online parts book, access the 135 book and go to steering gear(hydraulic power). This will show every part in the unit. Won't tell you how to take it apart and reassemble it, an I&T manual will if you have one. I have a couple things you can try before tearing into it, if you're interested. E mail me at stillplayswithtractors@gmail.com.

/ Power Steering one way, Armstrong the other - Pls HELP! #3  
first, I'm not a MF guy.. but rather a ford guy.

if the power steering is setup similar with a valve ring on the steering column, then:

1, have you removed any lines, and perhaps swapepd them?

2, you may have a sticking ball / valve / broke spring in the ring...

farmswithjunk is the MF man around here...

soundguy