New Holland l785 chain issue

/ New Holland l785 chain issue #1  

Davestc29

Tractor
New Holland tc29d and L785 skid loader
I just picked up an l785 for 2k and it originally didn't run after fuel filter change and lift pump its alive not it just makes a clicking sound from the left side and I noticed there seemed to be a lot of slack in the chain. Now my question is, can the slack be adjusted in it

Here is a pick of it

IMAG0985.jpg

/ New Holland l785 chain issue #2  
Davestc29 said:
I just picked up an l785 for 2k and it originally didn't run after fuel filter change and lift pump its alive not it just makes a clicking sound from the left side and I noticed there seemed to be a lot of slack in the chain. Now my question is, can the slack be adjusted in it

Here is a pick of it

What do you mean it don't run. Does engine just crank with the starter. Or does engine start and run and the machine does not move.

/ New Holland l785 chain issue
It runs now after I changed the lift pump and fuel filter the problem is that I I seem to have a lot of slack in the chain on the left side of the machine. I literally have a quarter turn on the front left tire while the rest seem nice and tight. I don't know if the chain can be adjusted or if I just have to replace the chain.

By running it originally did not turn on now everything works. I'm just having that issue I mentioned earlier

/ New Holland l785 chain issue #5  
Davestc29 said:
By running it originally did not turn on now everything works. I'm just having that issue I mentioned earlier

Is the rear wheel tight or is it also lose. If the rear wheel moves along with the front then you need to take it apart and investigate. If the rear is tight then the from chain is lose if I recall you should be able to remove mounting bolts for that hub assembly and rotate to adjust the chain.

The rear is tight, so basically it should be a front chain issue hopefully this weekend I can tear into it and adjust it, thanks man

So I nailed to being a chain adjustment issue thanks every one for your help and also turns out I had to replace the right drive motor and now its good to go the motor cost me $600 and about $200 in fluid so I think for 3k I'm not finding any decent skid steers any way so I'm happy with it.

/ New Holland l785 chain issue #8  
I have a 1990 new holland l785. My right side was getting weak and finally stopped working all together. It will work for a few seconds and all of a sudden stop working. Im thinking its a pressure issue of some kind. Can anyone please help with the problem. Also when i crank it and the park brake is set, when i push the lever up the engine bogs down a little just the same as the left side does