Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating

/ Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating #1  

Anonymous Poster

My radiator isn't leaking. My radiator fins are clean I washed them out. The water in the radiator is hot so it appears that the thermostat is working.

My question is would it hurt to remove the thermostat all together and let the water just continually circulate.

I see a design flaw also. The battery is in front of the radiator and blocks about 1/3 to 1/2 of the radiator.

What do you suggest?

If you don't agree with removing the thermostat then how low of a Temperture thermostat would you use?

I hope this is the last problem which need to be fixed.

Don Worrell

/ Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating #2  
Since no one else has jumped on, I will say that I have seen other folks run tractors with the therm removed, so try it...can you verify that the pump is working? I am assuming that your model has a pump system, not thermosyphon.

/ Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating #3  
Could the system be plugged up? You did not mention flushing or flow testing the radiator. Also, are you sure it has a thermostat? A lot of Japanese tractors don't.

/ Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating #4  
The cooling systems on automobiles are designed to work best with a thermostat. There needs to be some sort of restriction in the system so the water can dissapate enough heat to the fins of the radiator. I would guess a tractor would be the same. Try a 160 deg. thermostat, but I don't think that is the problem. I would look more at the air flow through the radiator. Just my .02

/ Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating
Could you be overworking the tractor ? Even with all of the cooling system working properly, if you overwork the tractor beyond its capacity it will over heat after a while.
for example pullling too many plows at the same time. This is more prone to happen on 4WD tractors as opposed to 2WD where your traction limits the load more.

/ Iseki TS 2205 Over Heating #6  
Don, how did changing the transmission/differential oil go? You previously mentioned it was water contaminated. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif