Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #1  

GeneD14

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Allis Chalmers D17 series IV and an Allis 170, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kubota ZD 1211, Kawasaki Mule 610, 2 Stihl 361's and a Stihl 660 Ported and tuned
I was watching Powerblock TV last weekend and they showed testing of the new E3 spark plugs. They showed positive results in HP and fuel getting a more complete burn. So I tried a set in my wifes car. It seems to run good but of course I don't have a dyno to test it. Then I tried one in my chainsaw...wow what a difference! It started on the 3rd pull. It usually takes 5 to 7 for it to start. It really seemed to have more power especially when cold compared to the Bosch plug.
Anyone else have similar results?

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #2  
I tried one in my little 009 Stihl chainsaw and had the same results as you. I have not tried them in anything else yet.

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #3  
Is E3 the brand name? I would like to try a few in my saws.

Thanks

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #4  
Is E3 the brand name? I would like to try a few in my saws.

Thanks

E3 is the name brand, they sell them at Tractor Supply. Little bit more coin than a regular plug though.

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #5  
How long had the old plug been in there?

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs
How long had the old plug been in there?

My old plug had about 12 hours on it. My saw didn't start this good when it was new. I bought mine at O'Reilly's for $5.99 each.

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #7  
I put them in my tractor that I use to mow the lawn its got a 25HP Kohler engine and it runs better and seems to use a little less fuel. Put one in my walkbehined snow blower it starts easier and runs better.

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #8  
Put one in my riding lawn mower (16hp Kohler) and the coil went out (intermittently died after warming up)... replaced coil and put standard plug back.

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs #9  
They work well in my 16 HP garden tractor (noticeable improvement in power) and my string trimmer (improved starting). However, they didn't work in my 15 KW natural gas generator. Only started the first time and would not restart after. And yes, they were gaped at the recommended .025".

JohnZ
B7500

/ Trying Out E3 Spark Plugs
Next I will try my string trimmer and our zero turn. I hope I get the same results. This is the first time that a "miracle cure" has ever worked for me.