Truck Tool Box Chest

/ Truck Tool Box Chest #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I bought a used Dee Zee "red label" diamond plated aluminum truck box chest. It measures about 36" x 16" x 19" and has been left outside for most of it's life. I gave it a good power washing and rub down but there is still plenty of oxidation and stains on it.

Is there an easy way to bring it back to near new condition like the one pictured?

Attachments

• DeeZee Chest Box.jpg
    DeeZee Chest Box.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 614
   / Truck Tool Box Chest #2  
I bought a used Dee Zee "red label" diamond plated aluminum truck box chest. It measures about 36" x 16" x 19" and has been left outside for most of it's life. I gave it a good power washing and rub down but there is still plenty of oxidation and stains on it.

Is there an easy way to bring it back to near new condition like the one pictured?
This site possibly has some information that would be helpful.
http://www.autogeek.net/metal-polishing-how-to.html

Just don't make it look so good someone would want to lift it.:D

/ Truck Tool Box Chest
Thanks but I was looking for something a little easier. Like maybe spray on and rinse off.

/ Truck Tool Box Chest #4  
Have you tried, an electric buffer and rubbing compound ? this can be really fast.
david

/ Truck Tool Box Chest #5  
Take it to a place that washes Semi-Trucks. There is a Acid they can put on aluminum that will make it look like chrome. Not sure what it is, cant remember the name, but it works. We have take aluminum boat trailers and had them done. I bet if you had it lose, out of the truck, they could do it for $20. No way you can rub it out for that, the materials would cost you that plus your time.

Chris

/ Truck Tool Box Chest #6  
You might also try some place that resales horse trailers! It's most likely the same stuff! Or try some wheel spray, comes in a spray can and makes my wheels on my truck like new!