K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block

/ K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block #5  
I don't have 1 but this is currently on the salem oregon craigslist.
diesel 3cyl. block
That one is a 'D' series, not sure if it is interchangeable or not. But you did better than me..........the best I can find is a 4 year old thread on another forum, with a 'dealer' not being able to find one.

/ K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block
I got a rush from that ad. It looked right but was a 52 cu. in. 18hp and mine is a 91 cu. in. 27HP. There are 30HPs out there with turbo. This same engine was used in the 1991 Case IH 1140, the Cub Cadet 727* series, and Mahindra 2816s, and some European pavement roller I saw once online.

Thanks for trying. I have been digging for one for a over a year now.

When I went to Cub Cadet right after it happened, a dealer mechanic said he'd look into it for me. He called me back later and told me that I had a paperweight. Still hopeful.

K3M Mitsubishi gets many hits for the airplane they gave the same model number.

/ K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block #7  
Still fishing.
22.gif

2.tod.gif

/ K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block #8  
You need to get a block number and check it against the one advertised. That possibly could be the same block as yours, except your 91 cu. in. may be produced by a slightly larger bore, and a longer stroke crankshaft. You should try and find more exacting specs, such as bore and stroke for both engines. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

What engine parts do you now have?

I got a rush from that ad. It looked right but was a 52 cu. in. 18hp and mine is a 91 cu. in. 27HP. There are 30HPs out there with turbo. This same engine was used in the 1991 Case IH 1140, the Cub Cadet 727* series, and Mahindra 2816s, and some European pavement roller I saw once online.

Thanks for trying. I have been digging for one for a over a year now.

When I went to Cub Cadet right after it happened, a dealer mechanic said he'd look into it for me. He called me back later and told me that I had a paperweight. Still hopeful.

K3M Mitsubishi gets many hits for the airplane they gave the same model number.

/ K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block
You need to get a block number and check it against the one advertised. That possibly could be the same block as yours, except your 91 cu. in. may be produced by a slightly larger bore, and a longer stroke crankshaft. You should try and find more exacting specs, such as bore and stroke for both engines. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

What engine parts do you now have?

I have a complete engine with a cracked block.

/ K3M Mitsubishi Engine or Block #10  
I can almost guarantee the K3D and K3M are not the same block. I would PM or call TBN member bruce1966us (Bruce Laten) 931-455-6999 and see if he has one or would put you on a waiting list for the next complete engine he gets. Chances are a complete engine will be as much or less than a block from most suppliers....he is very reasonable on prices. You could also get on Alibaba and check with some of the Asian engine suppliers. I was recently quoted $850 + $350 SH to NY or west coast port for a K3F from this guy P.S.P AUTO 2009 Co.,Ltd. - Used agricultural engines. They aren't VN rebuilds, they are original runners pulled from various equipment with sometimes unknown hours. However most engines appear in unmolested original condition and pretty clean/well maintained. For the prices I've seen on "rare" engines.....worth the "risk".

The other avenue is to go through tractor salvage yards and see what they will quote you on an engine or block. As well as the machines you mentioned, the K3M was used in Cub's 7300/7305, Mitsubishi MT300 and CIH 275 models. I have had great experiences with West Kentucky Tractor Parts - Kevil, Kentucky and they list an IH275 and MT300 in their dismantled inventory currently.