Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #11  
You must live in a bad area:confused2:

Unfortunatally I cant offer much advise. Because if they want it bad enough, they are going to get it. All you can do is make it harder. Just make sure you've got insurance.:thumbsup:

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #12  
I'm a former Marine (20 years) and a Federal Officer...I'll be camping out the next rainy night in the woods, trust me. I've done it before and come up empty handed, but it's still fun to sit and wait. They will just come back and lite the thing on fire if I catch them red handed and have them arrested though...

I like the hidden toggle/kill switch...and I have a game camera that is IR that goes up this weekend.

This is awesome. That'd be cool if they tried this on Jason Bourne's tractor. He'd be there waiting and take care of business when they showed up.

But really, you don't don't take a guy's tractor. That's just something you don't do.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #13  
they sell some locks you can use on your hydro. cylinders to lock them in the extended position. they can start it all they want but hard to move with the bucket stuck in the dirt

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #14  
I think you're right. Research it tomorrow...time for some electrical work!
You will want a momentary SPST (Single Pole Single Throw) switch to disable the ignition. However, for added security you could use a momentary DPST (Double Pole Single Throw) switch to disable the ignition and the fuel pump which would prevent the engine from starting in the event that they got creative and tried to hotwire it.

SPST Switch Diagram:
2ljrk3s.gif

DPST Switch Diagram:
b4wxnl.gif

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!

Unfortunatally I cant offer much advise. Because if they want it bad enough, they are going to get it. All you can do is make it harder. Just make sure you've got insurance.:thumbsup:

I LIVE in a great area. My side business, where I use and store my tractor, is known for theft....and my tractor and implements are all insured, but I really don't want another tractor so I'm trying to keep this one!

You will want a momentary SPST (Single Pole Single Throw) switch to disable the ignition. However, for added security you could use a momentary DPST (Double Pole Single Throw) switch to disable the ignition and the fuel pump which would prevent the engine from starting in the event that they got creative and tried to hotwire it.

SPST Switch Diagram:
2ljrk3s.gif

DPST Switch Diagram:
b4wxnl.gif

Thank MasseyWV, I'll look into that tomorrow. Makes me angry...

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #17  
get insurance.

a cable, boot, or any other lock or device will fold near immediatly faced with a cutting torch or abrasive blade. givent hat you can get bat powered abrasive cutters, adn lil gaspony cutting torch carry kits.. just about anything not guarded by live human with gun, or insurance.. can be removed.

soundguy

get insurance.

a cable, boot, or any other lock or device will fold near immediatly faced with a cutting torch or abrasive blade. givent hat you can get bat powered abrasive cutters, adn lil gaspony cutting torch carry kits.. just about anything not guarded by live human with gun, or insurance.. can be removed.

soundguy

Thanks! I think I'm looking at electrical devices and maybe a cheap column deterrent. If they want it they can get it, I just want to make it a little difficult.

Everything is insured, but I want to keep my stuff and I don't want to trailer it in.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #19  
If it will not start with the PTO engaged, leaving that engaged will stop the ignorant.
May have been kids looking to joyride or vandalize things with it then run. Still not good.
Game camera would be my first installation.

Also thanks for serving all of us :thumbsup:

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #20  

Yup pretty much sums it . Making it harder is'nt always a good idea as if you salvage it it has more damage , better to never see it again .