Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #31  
wow... good luck with campout. I don't think they will come back as the tractor is disabled, discouraging them.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!
BIG NEWS!!!!

I waited forever for the City of Atlanta police to show up and after an hour, gave up.

Just got off the phone with an officer that just showed up at the site, of course I'm home already, and they arrested three black juvenile males that were on my tractor and vandalizing my property last night.

Get this, I found wet clothes with a junior high logo that I didn't recognize as being local. Checked Google and the junior high is from St Thomas, Virgin Islands.

Just happens the same officer that called me, transported the juvenile home and his mother was irate. They just moved here from, you guessed it...St Thomas. His cousin and a friend from down the street were the other two suspects.

Meeting with all of the criminals and their parents tomorrow after school. One parent has already agreed to full replacement of my ignition assembly and community service for her boy and his cousin starting next weekend throughout the entire summer picking up trash every Saturday morning and helping me as laborers!!!

A concerened citizen called the police last night and is an eyewitness to everything they did. Funny how things works out.

Last edited:
   / Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #33  
BIG NEWS!!!!

I waited forever for the City of Atlanta police to show up and after an hour, gave up.

Just got off the phone with an officer that just showed up at the site, of course I'm home already, and they arrested three black juvenile males that were on my tractor and vandalizing my property last night.

Get this, I found wet clothes with a junior high logo that I didn't recognize as being local. Checked Google and the junior high is from St Thomas Virgin Island.

Just happens the same officer that called me, transported the juvenile home and his mother was irate. They just moved here from, you guessed it...St Thomas. His cousin and a friend from down the street were the other two suspects.

Meeting with all of the criminals and their parents tomorrow after school. One parent has already agreed to full replacement of my ignition assembly and community service for her boy and his cousin starting next weekend throughout the entire summer picking up trash every Saturday morning and helping me as laborers!!!

A concerened citizen called the police last night and is an eyewitness to everything they did. Funny how things works out.

There is a God!

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #34  
Results like that are truly rare. You are very lucky:thumbsup:

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #35  
Get their NAMES and info. There is no legal requirement for you not to release juvenile names and case information. That's a media custom. Say nothing to them.

If they don't do what they are supposed to, the world can know about them.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!
Get their NAMES and info. There is no legal requirement for you not to release juvenile names and case information. That's a media custom. Say nothing to them.

If they don't do what they are supposed to, the world can know about them.

Thanks everybody. Police want me to press charges due to the bad neighborhood and setting an example.

I will speak with each parent and little criminal and make a decision after thinking it over. I want to make the area more enjoyable for the community and work with them not against them. But you don't mess with a mans tractor...and I keep a competition ski boat on a boat lift on site that is worth twice as much. I don't want to be soft, but I don't want to cause hate and discontent and get vandalized at a later date either.

Roughly how much to replace the ignition (where you insert the key) on a 2006 MF 1533???? I can't find that part online anywhere yet.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #37  
I'm glad you have found the guilty party. I'd be inclined to let the legal system handle it, as being soft probably won't have long lasting effects. Its hard to just turn the other cheek...

That said, good luck with it.

One way to deter some clueless idjit from joy riding is to unplug the seat safety switch. They could hot-wire or break the ignition switch, but the thing isn't going to move under its own power or power an attached implement. But, if they're determined and experienced, it's almost a lost cause from the start.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #38  
Gongrats,
The fact that the parents are willing to pay for the damages amazes me. Good luck!
-Matt

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #39  
Harbor freight sells a battery cutoff switch for 9.99. Item Number, 66789
You could hide it under the hood so the hoods couldn't start it . . .John

Attachments

• battery cutoff switch.jpg
    battery cutoff switch.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 116
   / Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #40  
to something very nice over the last two and half years with a lot of money and hard work. Always bad apples in every group I guess....

Two things to add: Semper Fi (1969-1976) and Really, Really Nice Work on that lake! Don't let the bad guys get you down.