Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #41  
I say put the screws to em good, make them work hard and pay dearly. I had a neighbor who had his garden and lawn vandalized in similar fashion and he made every one of the guilty parties donate $1,000 to the local food pantry, the parents didn't want their little darlings in court so they gladly paid up.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #42  
Thanks everybody. Police want me to press charges due to the bad neighborhood and setting an example.

I will speak with each parent and little criminal and make a decision after thinking it over. I want to make the area more enjoyable for the community and work with them not against them. But you don't mess with a mans tractor...and I keep a competition ski boat on a boat lift on site that is worth twice as much. I don't want to be soft, but I don't want to cause hate and discontent and get vandalized at a later date either.

Roughly how much to replace the ignition (where you insert the key) on a 2006 MF 1533???? I can't find that part online anywhere yet.

Your alot better person the me,I wouldnt meet any of them except in court. Can you just imagine who else they have done this too. I wouldnt believe your place is the only place that they have vandalized,and until they spend alittle time in jail,they wont know what it feels like in there,teach them at a young age what stealing from others will get you. Do all of us a favor and put there butts in jail....

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #43  
Thanks everybody. Police want me to press charges due to the bad neighborhood and setting an example.

Absolutely, press charges!

The police are correct about setting an example. If you don't press charges, the juveniles will get the wrong message and think that if they got away with it once, they might get away with it again.

Roughly how much to replace the ignition (where you insert the key) on a 2006 MF 1533???? I can't find that part online anywhere yet.

I would take it to a dealer and have it replaced, then make the parents pay for the repairs.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #44  
I would not press charges but I would work their miserable a$$es to the bone under the threat of pressing charges. After they have built something or cleaned up a place they are less likely to tear it up.
Also on game cameras, I have two and both of them have IR night "flash" but the flash glows red. Not likely to scare wildlife, but a human with any intelligence would think, WTF?? and your camera would be gone.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!
Thanks for all the replies...

I spoke to one of the parents responsible for two of the culprits, his son and his son's cousin. The other parents let their kid spend the night in jail and I've yet to get in touch with them.

The one parent I spoke to is a former Marine as well, and is just as mad as me. Original damage happened Friday night and two of the culprits where accounted for by this parent the entire night, which leads me to believe one kid did the damage the first night, couldn't get the tractor moving, and brought the other kids out the second night after I disabled it, so they decided to throw stuff in the lake and wreak havoc on my place since they couldn't start the tractor.

Parent is willing to cover cost of the new ignition and have his kid and the cousin work every Saturday until I'm satisfied.

I'm waiting until I speak with the other parent and all the kids before I make any decisions. If the kids (and parents) are remorseful and willing to right the wrong, the kids will be in for a lot of work every Saturday morning at 630am for the next few weeks. If they are cocky and just sorry they got caught, I will file charges and let them all learn the hard way.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #46  
:thumbsup:
Thanks for all the replies...

I spoke to one of the parents responsible for two of the culprits, his son and his son's cousin. The other parents let their kid spend the night in jail and I've yet to get in touch with them.

The one parent I spoke to is a former Marine as well, and is just as mad as me. Original damage happened Friday night and two of the culprits where accounted for by this parent the entire night, which leads me to believe one kid did the damage the first night, couldn't get the tractor moving, and brought the other kids out the second night after I disabled it, so they decided to throw stuff in the lake and wreak havoc on my place since they couldn't start the tractor.

Parent is willing to cover cost of the new ignition and have his kid and the cousin work every Saturday until I'm satisfied.

I'm waiting until I speak with the other parent and all the kids before I make any decisions. If the kids (and parents) are remorseful and willing to right the wrong, the kids will be in for a lot of work every Saturday morning at 630am for the next few weeks. If they are cocky and just sorry they got caught, I will file charges and let them all learn the hard way.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #47  
I can't help but thinking this is a great opportunity for you to help turn three young impressionable lives around.

If it were me, I would defer pressing charges and make these boys a project of mine. Hard work, mixed with man to man talk, some teachable moments, praise when due. Feed then a square meal at lunch, more hard work, etc. Interject some common sense wisdom. Answer their questions about what your plans are for the park - your vision.

My guess, out of the three, only one will respond. But isn't this what it's all about? These aren't hardened criminals. Oh yes, they are well on their way to becoming that way. You have a perfect opportunity to make a difference in their lives. And it looks like you could use the help long term. I think this situation could end up being rewarding for everybody.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #48  
I can't help but thinking this is a great opportunity for you to help turn three young impressionable lives around.

If it were me, I would defer pressing charges and make these boys a project of mine. Hard work, mixed with man to man talk, some teachable moments, praise when due. Feed then a square meal at lunch, more hard work, etc. Interject some common sense wisdom. Answer their questions about what your plans are for the park - your vision.

My guess, out of the three, only one will respond. But isn't this what it's all about? These aren't hardened criminals. Oh yes, they are well on their way to becoming that way. You have a perfect opportunity to make a difference in their lives. And it looks like you could use the help long term. I think this situation could end up being rewarding for everybody.

VERY WELL SAID:thumbsup:

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #49  
I have always had a tendency to be lenient and forgiving.....twice now I have been burned and both times I had friends telling me the same thing..." Nice Guys Finish Last " They were right both times....Fool me once , shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me ! So it is now shame on me.....From now on ....no more Mr. Nice Guy...If I were you I would prosecute and tell them if they fix your tractor, go with you to the dealer and pay in advance for the repairs and the boys work to repair what vandalism they did...you will tell the judge in court....and if they don't you will tell the judge that too...

I think you have to expect these thugs maybe young but they come younger and more hardened these days and Your kindness will most certainly be interpreted as Weakness and that could make you a target for more vandalism and theft in the neighborhood.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #50  
I think you have to expect these thugs maybe young but they come younger and more hardened these days and Your kindness will most certainly be interpreted as Weakness and that could make you a target for more vandalism and theft in the neighborhood.

Exactly! Any kindness you show them will more than likely be exploited to their advantage wherever possible. Remember, you are dealing with the "me" generation who tends to only think of themselves.

The notion of turning a youth to the "good" is a noble one, but the reality of today is that one must fight back, or else. This is 2012, not 1950.