Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #1  

Moses589

Tractor
John Deere 4200
Does anyone know of a place that carries old gear boxes? I have been given an old heavy duty cutter, it has no name plate but the gears are stripped on the gear box. The only information on the gearbox is 'Warner' stamp and 2B on a plate. Checked with a local tractor shop here, they checked and said the gearbox is no longer being supported and there is no gearbox that would fit. Hate to get rid of this cutter, it is very durable and is good to clear out brush and woods. All help is appreciated.

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #2  
If you can show us a picture, we might find a gearbox which will interchange.

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #3  
also have a warner gearbox model S59 ? on an IMCO 5 foot mower, and looking for an interchangeable gearbox

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #4  
scan0001.jpgCan you post a photo of the cutter and I will help ID the thing? I am looking for a gearbox for my Lilliston Flyin' Scot mower. It is about 50 years old or more and I am having a similar problem finding the exact replacement part. Post on this forum or drop me an email. I am new to this site (just signed up), so, I do not know the exact protocol for posting images. Good luck and post an image.

Last edited:
   / Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #5  
Click on the "Insert Image" button at the top bar of the editing window (looks like a picture of a tree). It will bring up a menu box to insert the image from your computer, or from another website.

Or, try
[IMG]linktoyourimagehere.gif[/IMG]

A good machine shop can cut new gears for you. But it will be expensive.

I'm hoping to cut some gears in my home shop in the next few months... with a little luck.

There are lots of 90 degree gearboxes on Ebay and elsewhere. Some are from mower decks like Bolens or Kubota, or from brushhog decks.

In fact, based on this note, your Lilliston may in fact be a brush hog.
Lilliston brush mower - Yesterday's Tractor Co. (#9665)

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #6  
View attachment 308014Can you post a photo of the cutter and I will help ID the thing? I am looking for a gearbox for my Lilliston Flyin' Scot mower. It is about 50 years old or more and I am having a similar problem finding the exact replacement part. Post on this forum or drop me an email. I am new to this site (just signed up), so, I do not know the exact protocol for posting images. Good luck and post an image.

The drawing you posted is it from manual you could PDF and email. Any idea where I can order parts? I need spacer item 4. From diagram

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #7  
The drawing you posted is it from manual you could PDF and email. Any idea where I can order parts? I need spacer item 4. From diagram

The .pdf file page was from the gearbox owner's manual (Lilliston Implement Co., model - Flyin' Scot . I am really not sure how to attach the entire manual to this post, but, I'll give it a try. Some parts were previously available from Lacal Equipment, Inc. Lacal Equipment Replacement PartsLacal Equipment Street Sweeper Parts - Mower Parts - Snow Plow Parts.

Attachments

• Scan_Doc0003.pdf
    551.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Scan_Doc0001.pdf
    827.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Scan_Doc0002.pdf
    567.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Scan_Doc0004.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • Scan_Doc0005.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • Scan_Doc0006.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • Scan_Doc0007.pdf
    669.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Scan_Doc0009.pdf
    711.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Scan_Doc0008.pdf
    668.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Scan_Doc0010.pdf
    602 KB · Views: 121
  • Scan_Doc0011.pdf
    764.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Scan_Doc0012.pdf
    620.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Scan_Doc0013.pdf
    931.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Scan_Doc0015.pdf
    802.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Scan_Doc0014.pdf
    716.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Scan_Doc0016.pdf
    594.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Scan_Doc0017.pdf
    726.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Scan_Doc0018.pdf
    659.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Good Post
Reactions: DR1
   / Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #8  
View attachment 308014Can you post a photo of the cutter and I will help ID the thing? I am looking for a gearbox for my Lilliston Flyin' Scot mower. It is about 50 years old or more and I am having a similar problem finding the exact replacement part. Post on this forum or drop me an email. I am new to this site (just signed up), so, I do not know the exact protocol for posting images. Good luck and post an image.
did you ever find a warner box parts list I have one that looks close to the pic you have the bearing are a little differant but the box looks the same thanks for any help you can give.mine marked n 80 on mower tag gear box is marked h6 17 on bottom 3 b stamped on side

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #9  
did you ever find a warner box parts list I have one that looks close to the pic you have the bearing are a little differant but the box looks the same thanks for any help you can give.mine marked n 80 on mower tag gear box is marked h6 17 on bottom 3 b stamped on side
I still have not found a gearbox or source of parts for mine. Been through a few tractor and implement yards in north Florida and south Georgia looking. Most of the Warner Auburn gearboxes have the model stamped in the cast iron housing, either on the side or the back. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything that looks like it will work for you.

/ Old Cutter with Warner Gearbox #10  
I still have not found a gearbox or source of parts for mine. Been through a few tractor and implement yards in north Florida and south Georgia looking. Most of the Warner Auburn gearboxes have the model stamped in the cast iron housing, either on the side or the back. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything that looks like it will work for you.