1300 Ford crankshaft

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft #1  

TraderMark

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1720, 2910 John Deere 970, Case 1845
I have a 1300 Ford with a broken crank.
I just got off the phone with 2 different dealers and they both tell me the crankshaft is no longer available and there are none listed on the dealer network.

I've tried Wenger's, Weaver's, All State Parts with no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions for where to look?

Thanks,
Mark

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft #2  
I have a 1300 Ford with a broken crank.
I just got off the phone with 2 different dealers and they both tell me the crankshaft is no longer available and there are none listed on the dealer network.

I've tried Wenger's, Weaver's, All State Parts with no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions for where to look?

Thanks,
Mark

rippee's in farmington mo., gulf south in baton rouge la, and western kentucky tractor parts in kentucky

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft
Just an update....

T&H Salvage in Pavo Ga has a good selection of import tractor parts.
They had the crankshaft I needed at a very reasonable price.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than being a satisfied customer.

We can add them to our list of used parts suppliers.

Mark

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft #5  
Try Robert's in Camden, Ohio. I know they are currently parting out a 1300.
I just bought some sheet metal for my 1300 from them.

Do you know what caused your crankshaft to break? Just curious.

ROBERTS FARM EQUIPMENT

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft #6  
Helms farm machinery in SC. Don't know if they are still around, but when I had my 9N, I got some things from them. They're a Ford tractor graveyard.

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft
Thanks for the info, guys.

I did try Roberts along with about a dozen other places.
T&H in Pavo, Ga. and Alexander Tractor in Texas were the only 2 with usable crankshafts.

Warrior, as for the cause.... It's not unusual for the 2cyl diesel Japanese Fords to break a crankshaft. There's no center main bearing between the rod journals. That gives the crankshaft a weak spot.

Don't let that dampen your spirits though! They're great tractors, many never break the crankshaft.

And Roberts did tell me they could get a new aftermarket crankshaft for around the same price as new list from Ford. (If Ford still made the darned thing)

Mark

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft #8  
Thanks for the info, guys.

I did try Roberts along with about a dozen other places.
T&H in Pavo, Ga. and Alexander Tractor in Texas were the only 2 with usable crankshafts.

Warrior, as for the cause.... It's not unusual for the 2cyl diesel Japanese Fords to break a crankshaft. There's no center main bearing between the rod journals. That gives the crankshaft a weak spot.

Don't let that dampen your spirits though! They're great tractors, many never break the crankshaft.

And Roberts did tell me they could get a new aftermarket crankshaft for around the same price as new list from Ford. (If Ford still made the darned thing)

Mark
Im Curious how much did the crank shaft set you back Im trying to work out a deal for ford 1310

/ 1300 Ford crankshaft
lteez;

I got the crankshaft from T&H for $500 plus tax and shipping.

But the 1310 has a 3 cylinder engine not a 2 cylinder. Whole different kettle of fish when you jump from the 00 series to the 10 series.

Mark