DougDunn

/ DougDunn #1  

DougDunn

Tractor
Ford/5000
I am having a problem with the clutch on my Ford 5000
I went to use it today and it didn't want to go into gear.
It was working fine when I parked it a few months ago.
Does anyone know if it has a fluid reservoir for the clutch.
Thanks

/ DougDunn #2  
Sounds like it may have rusted up on you. You might do a search for rusted clutch or similar terms as I know there are quite a few threads on that issue and what people have done to fix them.

/ DougDunn #3  
Welcome to TBN!!

I agree with CHDinCT....you clutch is probably rusted to the pressure plate.
You can try popping the clutch (in reverse!!!) and, as CHDinCT wrote, there are numerous threads on this type of thing.
Once you break it loose...make sure you block the clutch (use a block or something to hold the clutch pedal down) when you park it...

/ DougDunn
Thanks for the info
I pressed the brakes hard while holding down the clutch and it releases

Also I had found a open end wrench in the tractor
Tool box that had been cut off and thought about why the previous owner had it in there. Works out that with the clutch pressed down the open end that was still on the wrench fits over part of the pedal arm and the cut off end will fit under a drain nut above the pedal on the side of tractor
Keeping the clutch pedal held down when not being used for awhile.

Doug

/ DougDunn #5  
Thanks for the info
I pressed the brakes hard while holding down the clutch and it releases

Also I had found a open end wrench in the tractor
Tool box that had been cut off and thought about why the previous owner had it in there. Works out that with the clutch pressed down the open end that was still on the wrench fits over part of the pedal arm and the cut off end will fit under a drain nut above the pedal on the side of tractor
Keeping the clutch pedal held down when not being used for awhile.

Doug

Hello from another from Dunn. BTW I use to have a ford 5000. Never had any clutch problems though.