Farmall M

/ Farmall M #1  

slammer3364

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Hi I have a old Farmall M The resivor tank for the hydraulic lift leaks like a sive,looks like someone just dropped bottomand sealed with perma-tex. I was wondering is there a gasket you can get to put in. I asked before if you had to split tractor to fix this and they replied about a pump,the hydraulic will lift the sickle-bar,but hydraulic oil all leaks out. I am thinking about taking off bottom and hunting up a gasket or just doing it again with cilicone. Any advice or tips from anyone that dealt with this would be appreciated. Thanks Slammer

/ Farmall M #2  
Hi I have a old Farmall M The resivor tank for the hydraulic lift leaks like a sive,looks like someone just dropped bottomand sealed with perma-tex. I was wondering is there a gasket you can get to put in. I asked before if you had to split tractor to fix this and they replied about a pump,the hydraulic will lift the sickle-bar,but hydraulic oil all leaks out. I am thinking about taking off bottom and hunting up a gasket or just doing it again with cilicone. Any advice or tips from anyone that dealt with this would be appreciated. Thanks Slammer

I do not follow your description. Have you got pics???

What type of system is on your M????

/ Farmall M #3  
Here is an exploded view of your lift-all pump/reservoir, it is all one unit. That is why someone responded about the pump, to your question.

If it is gasket #11, then yes it's still available. $7.99 at Case/IH.

No need to split the tractor to remove. It drops out the bottom of the housing. If you don't have a manual, a cheapie I&T will show the process, and have a picture of tool(s) to drop the pump, if you have a helper. 2 "T" bars can be made to slip in the holes with slots forward, in the bottom of the pump, to drop it out, and re-install.

I did one of these by myself about 30 years ago, but saw stars for a bit... They are heavy..!!

Attachments

• M hydraulic pump.gif
    M hydraulic pump.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 8,942
   / Farmall M #4  
Here is an exploded view of your lift-all pump/reservoir, it is all one unit. That is why someone responded about the pump, to your question.

If it is gasket #11, then yes it's still available. $7.99 at Case/IH.

No need to split the tractor to remove. It drops out the bottom of the housing. If you don't have a manual, a cheapie I&T will show the process, and have a picture of tool(s) to drop the pump, if you have a helper. 2 "T" bars can be made to slip in the holes with slots forward, in the bottom of the pump, to drop it out, and re-install.

I did one of these by myself about 30 years ago, but saw stars for a bit... They are heavy..!!

I really think shaft seal if he has the liftall. It is a shame that people can't drop the cover plate and look for the leak.

/ Farmall M
DJ54 Thanks alot for your help I will have my son-inlaw give me a hand when I do it,I am asumming there is also a gasket for the belly pan then if the other is available,I will check it out.. Thanks again and have a Good One :)Slammer

/ Farmall M #6  
DJ54 Thanks alot for your help I will have my son-inlaw give me a hand when I do it,I am asumming there is also a gasket for the belly pan then if the other is available,I will check it out.. Thanks again and have a Good One :)Slammer

Go to Case-IH and look up the parts drawings & descriptions. I still think you are looking at the dust shield not the area which is leaking. As I asked before, any pics???