Oil Seal Kit for MF

/ Oil Seal Kit for MF #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I posted a question on the Massey part of this board but thought there might be some experts here who are not Massey viewers.
I am facing a potentially nasty task of replacing the axle oil seals on my MF FE 35. I have heard about a kit that can be used to replace the outer oil seals on the rear axle of a MF FE 35 WITHOUT removing the bearings but I'm having trouble getting details
Has anyone used such a kit? Any idea of availability? who carries it? part # ? Web site?

If it works it sounds a whole lot easier than having to R&R the collar and bearing and re-set the wheel shims.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Bob

/ Oil Seal Kit for MF #2  
I bit the bullet and replaced front axle bearings with sealed, armored bearings. That keeps you from having to deal with a shaft that has seal grooves cut in it and future leaks. The armoring of the bearing is like an extra metal washer over the seal area to protect it from damage.
Just measure the outer and inner dia of the bearing and check with the bearing/seal suppliers on the web. Seals may be metric and you just need to know the outer dia and the shaft dia.
Has worked great so far!
Nick