Ford 4500 Transmission

/ Ford 4500 Transmission #1  

gammer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 4500 tlb
Hi guys,

I finally finished my Transmission rebuild on the 4 speed Shuttle Shift, wow it's hard when you can only work on it for a week out of a month.
works like a top giddy-up :p

thanks!! herringchoker for all your help wouldn't been able to do it with out you

What ended up happening is the torque converter turned to be a dud and needed to be changed out, it was definitely an experience that I do not want to do over again lol

Joseph Industries out of Ohio is a good place to get parts at reasonable prices
just make sure you get them to send parts by mail in Canada
brokerage fees are nuts

/ Ford 4500 Transmission #2  
Hey gammer, glad to hear you got'er going. Happy to help out. The 4500 is a real workhorse. :thumbsup:

/ Ford 4500 Transmission #3  
I am having trouble with my transmission on my Ford 4500. It will go backwards perfectly, but it won't go forwards. I guess it is time for a transmission rebuild. Not sure if I should do it myself, but would like to. Where did you get the procedure to do the rebuild?

/ Ford 4500 Transmission #4  
He hasnt been back since May so you may not get an answer. I would start a new thread if I were you.

And include more detail. Like what transmission (how many speed), year of tractor, etc.

Shouldnt be too difficult on the 4500, cause the backhoe comes off pretty easy as does the loader provided you have a gantry crane or an i-beam or something to support it with once you un-bolt it.

But it could also be something simple like a broke shift fork or shaft. Try pulling just the top-cover and see if you can see anything.