frustrated

/ frustrated #1  

gownby

Tractor
ex mark
my ex mark mower will not start. put new pto switch, all new safety switches, and motor is still grounded out pls help

/ frustrated #4  
Welcome to TBN!!!

I'm assuming the symptoms are the starter doesn't crank (since you replaced the safety switches and PTO switch)...is that correct?
Are you getting lights when you turn the key to the On position? Have you checked the starter for function?

Your post doesn't tell us much, really. More info may help...but perhaps you should get the machine to a qualified mechanic.

/ frustrated #6  
how about battery..... mower batteries always fail over winter....there so **** cheaply made.

/ frustrated
ty if i run a wire from switch to starter mower turns over fine but still no spark in the plugs

/ frustrated #9  
ty if i run a wire from switch to starter mower turns over fine but still no spark in the plugs

Right off the bat, I'll let you know I am not familar with Ex Mark equipment.
However, safety switches on the tractors I'm familar with will prevent the starter from cranking (for example, you're trying to start the machine while off the seat).
To me, if the starter was cranking, that eliminated the Safety Switches and PTO switch as possible causes. However, since you state you ran a wire from the switch to the starter, you may be bypassing the safety/pto switches. However, the engine should have started.

So, your initial problem was the starter not cranking...is that correct?

Which switch did you wire directly to the starter?

It will probably help if you respond with all the symptoms and everything you've done in sequence.
One sentence responses don't tell us much...I'm assuming, based upon your response (and abbreviations, lack of capitalization), that you're responding on a cell phone. Wait until you can respond on a PC or laptop so you can respond with more detail and as clearly as possible.

Last edited:
   / frustrated #10  
well- what motor do you have in your exmark? I am going to take a haphazard guess its a kawaski. If you think you have no spark in plug, but engine will turn over with key, then try removing kill wire to coil. if still no fire, you might have a bad coil. or you might have broken flywheel key. if engine jumps back at you when trying to start, you might have valves that needs to be reset.