TN 90F alternator options?

/ TN 90F alternator options? #1  

SdyGdy

Tractor
NewHolland TN-90F,RTV900,D-2 CAT
Looking for some replacement options for a NH TN-90f alternator? Stock is 65a but I would like to move up to 85 a +- that's affordable. The dealer says I can safely up to 90a but their options are upwards of 600$ also I'm not sure of the wiring conns. B+ battery, D+ ?,W? It's a magneti marelli 65 A with a Denso sticker on it.

/ TN 90F alternator options? #2  
can you look at your alternator for the o/e number should possibly begin with 6332???? or maybe 2871a??? or can you get the replacement number from the dealer the price they are quoteing is way to much.
and for a bit of info about marelli/denso about 10 years ago denso or nippondenso as they were previously known as bought marelli and also changed their name to denso and in the future the marelli name will go away but with number we can help you find one

/ TN 90F alternator options? #3  
Go to your local napa dealer. They will sell you a delco alternator with a 1 wire hook up for about $75 with an appropriate pulley. You'll have to modify your bracket a little but you'll be ready to go. Napa p/n 213-4011SW last September I paid $47.89 plus $16.50 core charge. List was $78.38 It's not a Denso but the electons don't know the difference, and you could change this one every year (which you won't need to) for the difference. This is a heavy duty product. Why did your dealer say you were limited to 90amps? What are you using it for that you want the extra amps? Just curious.

/ TN 90F alternator options? #4  
Fixer has the right idea, or you could just take it to a starter/alternator rebuilder and they can probably just boost the output of yours.

/ TN 90F alternator options? #5  
the delco could be an option but if you are going up in amps you will have to tell napa you need the 12si delco it was 94amps factory built. the number supplied here from napa is the 10si 63amp version.
just a bit more information about the marelli/denso difference in amps for the same tractors yours should have a cab and heated and a/c equipped with this much draw the 65 amp basically is not enough if there is alot of windshield time involved they have offered almost every low amp alternator in a higher amp version i will supply you with a part number and who to call for pricing on monday and as stated before it will be nowhere near $700.00.

/ TN 90F alternator options?
Ok here's where I'm at. The alt. is at the rebuilders until tues. so I don't have numbers until then. They say they can't boost it, so I'm just having it rebuilt as a backup. The dealer said no more than 90 Amps or it will burn the wiring up. I'm all for a one wire delco (I've had several of these in the past) but then what to do with the tach feed off of the Denso? The other problem is that it needs to have a long shaft to support a double pulley. My tractor has cab ,Ac, f&r work lights, etc. Whenever the Ac compressor kicks on the blower for the cab Ac slows down to almost nothing. I've checked all grounds and cleaned them up , so I'm thinking that the alt is not keeping up when everything is on. Thanks to all for the quick replys any insight is greatly appreciated.

THANKS J

/ TN 90F alternator options? #7  
The only wiring that might burn would be the output from the alternator to the battery. If you are going with a bigger one wire alternator that's one wire you would want to replace. Most newer cars with all the stuff on them have 100 amp plus alternators. Many also run double pullies. Talk to your electrical rebuilder. Those guys usually know how to get you from here to there on a project like this. They can set you up with off the shelf stuff that will work together and tell you how big a wire. Btw many delco alt do have a tack output.

/ TN 90F alternator options?
Well the rebuilder gave me the alt back in pieces! Said the stator is shot. Model # is63321424 AA125R 14V 65A. I'm off to the new holland dealer for an alternative alt bracket that will hopefully accommodate a delco.