Wheel fell off

/ Wheel fell off #1  

cmlands

I was doing a little work this morning breaking in some new trails for my kids and their dirtbikes, I notice 4wd stops working, I back up, and the wheel falls to the ground. I did hear a snapping sound just before the 4wd stopped working. Any ideas on what I might have broken? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1922427544.jpg
    image-1922427544.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 646
  • image-2897210978.jpg
    image-2897210978.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 575
  • image-3323578150.jpg
    image-3323578150.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 596
   / Wheel fell off #2  
When you have time look back into the forums..I saw this a few weeks ago on this site?

/ Wheel fell off #3  
looks like your third picture that shaft is broken??? you tell us??

Thats the hub or stub axle shaft depending on what you call it. Might be interesting getting parts for that?

/ Wheel fell off #5  
got a parts manual?

/ Wheel fell off #6  
Bearing failure followed by some catastropic failure, but need to get it all cleaned up to figure out what really happened. Doesn't look like it was due to a lack of lube, but quality of lube might be in question because it looks like a bunch of, I think the technical term is, "crud".

/ Wheel fell off
Thanks guys, it's a broken axle, I was pushing it pretty hard, which isn't at all unusual, but parts are coming, they are actually very easy to get. All the parts I need, just under 150 Usd.

/ Wheel fell off #9  
that's amazingly cheap.

almost scarry cheap ;)

/ Wheel fell off #10  
I was doing a little work this morning breaking in some new trails for my kids and their dirtbikes, I notice 4wd stops working, I back up, and the wheel falls to the ground. I did hear a snapping sound just before the 4wd stopped working. Any ideas on what I might have broken? Thanks.

Bummer. Just curious, do you have loaded tires or a hefty ballast box on your tractor?

I was told, not having those puts an undue stress on front end axles.