Wheel fell off

/ Wheel fell off
that's amazingly cheap.

almost scarry cheap ;)

Yeah, you're right, it is scary that you can buy a 28 hp diesel tractor for 8000usd , abuse it for five years, finally break something reasonably significant, order reasonably priced parts within two hours of breaking it, with incredible customer service and support from someone you didn't even buy the tractor from (the parts guy from affordable tractor in Texas), and still have somebody put a winky face on his post like you were an idiot for buying such a machine. BTW, the tractor has been reliable for the full five years, but the POS loader that came with it, made in America FYI, has given me nothing but trouble. Thank you to those who responded with intelligent advice or comments.

/ Wheel fell off #12  
Sometimes things like this break when THAT wheel has lotsa traction but is cranked in a "full stop" position when torque is applied.
What kind (make) of tractor is it anyway?

/ Wheel fell off #13  
Yeah, insult a guy that knows more about tractors and tractor repair than 99.9% of the people on a large tractor forum.

Smart move newbie....(not).

Maybe (just maybe) YOU miss interpreted his comment as being negative when it was a statement simply about the cost of the parts.

/ Wheel fell off #14  
Bummer. Just curious, do you have loaded tires or a hefty ballast box on your tractor?

I was told, not having those puts an undue stress on front end axles.

a rear ballast box would sever to UN weight a front axle...

/ Wheel fell off #15  
Maybe (just maybe) YOU miss interpreted his comment as being negative when it was a statement simply about the cost of the parts.

Exactly... I've put a front end in a deere 4wd back together and had BEARINGS cost 150$ alone.. let alone shafts, gaskets and seals.

No problem.. I just won't be responding to any more of his threads maybee ..

Oh.,. forgot the ;)

soundguy

/ Wheel fell off #16  
I don't post much, but in the OP's defense, I, too, thought Soundguy's response was a little jab in the direction of "You might wanna be suspicious of the quality of parts that are so inexpensive." Whether or not that's the case, that's how I first saw it.

Now I wouldn't have opened up with both barrels in my response to it like the OP did, but still, I can understand the sentiment. He's got a major failure on his machine that's going to take a good bit of effort and money to repair, so his stress level and sensitivity are elevated.

To the OP: I'm happy you got the parts for a good price and in short order, and I hope you get your rig back online quickly. Please post back with your results. There may be other folks who suffer the same problem in the future and would benefit immensely from seeing a step-by-step chronicle of your repair.

To Soundguy: Thanks for your continuing contributions to this forum. I hope you'll continue to offer your insight to all posters, new and old.

/ Wheel fell off #17  
I was going to make the same comment, wow it's hard to rebuild a front end gearcase for under $1000 - but I guess even such comments rub people the wrong way any more. Was curious what tractor it actually is, but appears conversation is not appreciated.

--->Paul

/ Wheel fell off #18  
a rear ballast box would sever to UN weight a front axle...

A rear ballast and loaded tires would make the heavy duty rear end do most of the work. Implement dealers and comments on this forum tell me that heavy rear end weight will keep front end failures to a minimum.

Putting on a heavy weight box will serve as a counterbalance with the rear axle being the fulcrum and hopefully less stress will be had on the front end.

I guess I have to take my tractor down to a scale now :laughing:

I was just curious if the OP had weights or not.

/ Wheel fell off #19  
Yeah, you're right, it is scary that you can buy a 28 hp diesel tractor for 8000usd , abuse it for five years, finally break something reasonably significant, order reasonably priced parts within two hours of breaking it, with incredible customer service and support from someone you didn't even buy the tractor from (the parts guy from affordable tractor in Texas), and still have somebody put a winky face on his post like you were an idiot for buying such a machine. BTW, the tractor has been reliable for the full five years, but the POS loader that came with it, made in America FYI, has given me nothing but trouble. Thank you to those who responded with intelligent advice or comments.

You sound very defensive and come off as a jerk, which isn't likely to get you much in the way of helpful responses here. Then again, you joined this forum in 2006 and have only 7 posts, so it's safe to assume that you haven't been very helpful either.

/ Wheel fell off #20  
and still have somebody put a winky face on his post like you were an idiot for buying such a machine. BTW, the tractor has been reliable for the full five years, but the POS loader that came with it, made in America FYI, has given me nothing but trouble.

It sounds like you're a bit defensive/sensitive about the tractor for some reason, but I can't even tell what brand/model/year it is, and I suspect many other people are in the same boat (unless they recognize it from your part photos -- I sure don't). Don't be so quick to freak out and feel the need to defend your purchase/choice -- that was never even called into question.