Need help removing land wheel

/ Need help removing land wheel #1  

David Wayne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I bought a Dearborne 10-1 plow and want to remove the land wheel to repair
it. I have used heat & beat & tried a puller. It hasnt moved and is getting the best of me.If anyone has any ideas short of tourching it out & remaking it I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks David

0401121550.jpg

/ Need help removing land wheel #2  
Not familiar with this peice of equipment, I would try soaking with PB Blaster a few times and then try tapping it out. Also any chance of getting the arm it is attached to off and having it pressed out. When you do get it out you might want to coat it with some anti seize to keep it from getting stuck in the future.

/ Need help removing land wheel #3  
Try a product called Kroil, It stinks to high heaven but it sure works good. I use it when taking apart old Harley transmissions.

/ Need help removing land wheel
Thanks for the replies, I guess the wheel is acctually called a rolling landslide.
I worked on it last night & was able to get the bracket off & in the vise. I got it to spin a little with the help of a 24" pipe wrench, then with the puller was able to get it apart. I think the heating & cooling helped, its a tight pressed fit with no rust on the surfaces where they were together. The wheel is shot & still stuck on the axel & the hub has been welded in three places. I am going to see if I can find a trailer stub axel & hub that will fit and then just make a new wheel to fit.