Hesston 540 round baler roller bearings

/ Hesston 540 round baler roller bearings #1  

pgill

Tractor
JD
Hello, I want to change the bearings in all my rollers on my Hesston 540 round baler. I pulled a couple of rolls but I cannot figure out how to remove the bearings. It is hard to tell what type of retainer is used to hold them in. Anybody out there that has experience working on these? Thanks

/ Hesston 540 round baler roller bearings #2  
Hello, I want to change the bearings in all my rollers on my Hesston 540 round baler. I pulled a couple of rolls but I cannot figure out how to remove the bearings. It is hard to tell what type of retainer is used to hold them in. Anybody out there that has experience working on these? Thanks

Did you get this accomplished??? We have the same baler (except ours is the Case version, 8420.) Had broken bearing on a roller. Got all apart, and new bearings and hubs, but now Husband concerned about how to tighten hub/bearing into roller in the frame. Do we hold the hub and tighten the bolt?? Or hold the bolt and tighten the hub against the frame? How easily should the roller turn? put lockTite on threads? Thanks for any advise

Attachments

• IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    860.3 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2323.JPG
    925.4 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 838