1977 John Deere 24-A skid steer lost power

/ 1977 John Deere 24-A skid steer lost power #1  

JimmyinMINN

Tractor
1977 John Deere 24-a skid steer
Hello. I have a 1977 JD 24-A skid steer that just yesterday just lost all drive and lift pressure. It just quit. It runs great but I have no pressure at all. I've replaced the chain drive a few times over the years and that's all intact and working correctly. I understand the pump must be a 2 part pump ( one for the drive and one for the lift) I have a hard time thinking that both went bad at the same exact time. The pump spins fine - its not binding up or even sounding like its bad. I don't hear the familiar " hum" in the pump however. Research from the net said possible bad relief valve or plugged intake. I'm not even sure where that is. I would like to check those first before I attempt to replace a pump if possible. Thank you in advance for any information possible. I'm mechanically inclined however know very little about skidsteers or hydrolics. If anyone has any other possible ideas, Thank you. Jim

/ 1977 John Deere 24-A skid steer lost power #2  
What about hydraulic fluid level and the filter? Does it have maybe any electronic safety devices? Maybe one of those is bad.

/ 1977 John Deere 24-A skid steer lost power
Thanks for responding. My fluid levels are good. Filters are new. The only safety switch I have that I know of is just the pressure on the seat for start up. I'll start with checking the inlet to the pump to see if it's somehow plugged. I'm interested in this pressure valve but haven't gotten under it yet to try and locate it. No fluids are dripping. It just quit. I imagine there will be a way to check the pressure in the pump. I will have to try that next I guess.
Thank you again for your input. Jim

/ 1977 John Deere 24-A skid steer lost power #4  
Where can i find a manuel shop of jd24 a 1979 on the net

/ 1977 John Deere 24-A skid steer lost power #5  
Probably a relief valve issue.. Maybe try asking in the hydraulics forum? There are a few guys in there that are pretty good with hydraulics.