Are all O-Rings Created Equal?

/ Are all O-Rings Created Equal? #11  
Ok so you got your answer on different quality but one important thing, use a good quality O-Ring Grease to coat the o-ring before install.

Some applications do not call for grease (you will need to use your own discretion), you will need to watch which is which but alway rub a little on the rubber seal where applicable.

DuPont makes a great Silicone Grease for O-Rings and there are others.

I have found that although there are different quality of O-Rings if you add a little grease to them they will last longer or at least look like new (not dried out) when you think to replace them again.

/ Are all O-Rings Created Equal?
Thanks on the grease tip. It might help keep the o-ring in place since it will be a very tight fitting and blind vertical mouting of the valve body with a large flexible hose already connected to it.

Until reading the Parker o-ring bible I did not know that O-rings moved after they were installed even when there was no movement of the metal surfaces holding them in place.

/ Are all O-Rings Created Equal? #13  
Thanks on the grease tip. It might help keep the o-ring in place since it will be a very tight fitting and blind vertical mouting of the valve body with a large flexible hose already connected to it.

Until reading the Parker o-ring bible I did not know that O-rings moved after they were installed even when there was no movement of the metal surfaces holding them in place.

Yup-they can react to changes in pressure and move in the groove.
Grease is especially good to reduce twisting of the ring in the groove and also helps eliminate "nipping" it when it gets installed in the mating part.

Viton 75 Black Cord : The O-ring Store - Where you can find a huge selection of o-rings, hydraulic seals, o-ring kits and accessories!, We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings as easy as possible! Get the o-ring seals you need, in your

I had no idea O-rings were rope glued together.

All I was looking for is the proper glue to glue an o-ring into the grove so when doing a blind fit it will not fall out before contacting the mating surface yet it is good to know you can make your own on the fly.

Finally found the right size O-ring at the Case dealership but was ready to cut a larger one down to size and super glue it like they do in the o-ring rope kits.

Now the leak is gone and at least the stablizer pads will lift the rear to max height unlike before blowing the o-ring. It may be due to new fluid and or cleaning the clogged intake screen that is mounted in the bottom of the transmission housing that feeds the hydraulic system.

Traveller RENEW Tractor Fluid, 5 gal. - 8060038 | Tractor Supply Company

I have not run it enough to know if the RENEW univeral fluid is worth the extra cost. Expect using a gallon of the Lucas Hydraulic Oil Booster might be more cost effective.