Ford 1100 steering

/ Ford 1100 steering #1  

atravis4

Tractor
none
On a ford 1100 there is a steering rod on the left hand side that is attached to the steering arm at one end and the other end is attached to another part of the linkage directly under the fuel tank. What is this part called? Having trouble finding this part and knowing the correct terminology would help the people trying to find the part from me. Any ideas where I can find the part?

Thanks in advance.

/ Ford 1100 steering #2  
The parts book refers to it simply as a rod. Most people would call it a draglink, or tie rod.

/ Ford 1100 steering #4  
I would call # 36 a tie rod, and # 35 is a tie rod end.

/ Ford 1100 steering #5  
Is it no longer available through NH, or have you tried? It's probably not common enough for aftermarket suppliers, but if necessary probably available at salvage yards. There are some who specialize in compacts.

/ Ford 1100 steering #6  
I don't know where I put it, but I bought that part when I had my Ford 1100 4x4. Everytime I would catch something with the tire, while holding the steering wheel tight, it would bend that part. So I would get off, straighten it and go back to work. The rod was showing stress cracks in it, but I was waiting on a complete failure before replacing it. When I sold my tractor, I failed to find that part, and the new owner broke it, removed it, welded it back together, added a tubing around the center section and put it back on. Really pretty easy if your a machine shop owner like he was compared to threading a new rod on both ends (one end has left hand threads).
David from jax

/ Ford 1100 steering
Yes it is # 36. Thanks to all who replied. This is a great help.