Rim Guard --> Beet Juice

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
I found Glen Daly's patent at the USPTO. Took a while but found it. It give's details, not very easy reading but gives the info. The most interesting think I found was that rim guard will actually remove rust. I will be making calls on Monday to find out where I can get this stuff. I have Glen Daly number and will start with him first.

Rim Guard info at USPTO

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #3  
Interesting stuff....all that jibber for describing "pump beet juice into tire...makes tire heavy...wheel won't rust". I guess thats what makes the lawyers rich !!

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #4  
I had my dealer put Rim Guard in the rear R4's on my B2710. I was initially skeptical but he showed me a glass jar of the stuff and it looked like molasses only a bit thinner. The dealer claimed it was the greatest stuff since sliced bread. Better than sex too!!

BTW, price was $175 installed.

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice
Called and left a message with Glen Daly of Rim Guard Corporation.

Patiently waiting for a call back....

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #6  
I've got the rim guard in my R4 tires. Nice & heavy! So far no problems (1 year). Unfortunately, my dealer isn't too close to you.

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice
Update:

Got a fax back from Rim Guard.

He gave me 3 dealers:

Kahn Tractor, North Franklin CT

Chappell Tractor Sales, Milford NH

Keates Implements Inc., Keene NH

These dealers are about 3 to 4 hours away /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Hazmat, Where is your dealer?

I will try to talk to Glen tomorrow.

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #8  
Patents are written that way to make sure that the "claims" stated in the patent documents are protected. My company patented a tagging system I built a couple of years ago. I had to proof read the patent app through 3 or 4 revisions. Gave me a headache connecting "item b is rotated through the axis of item c" or some such to real life parts.
DaveL

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #10  
I have spoken with him before and he seems like a nice guy. He told me that it has an animal food grade and would be human food grade if he used stainless steel for manufacturing.