Parts for Yanmar YM2200

/ Parts for Yanmar YM2200 #1  

RobertYanmar

Tractor
Yanmar YM2200
Hi. I own a YANMAR YM2200 diesel tractor. A service man came and recommended I get a valve cover gasket and a new starter motor and a dry air filter. The starter still works but he states it is drawing too much amps
overheating the wire and eventually will go out(at the moment I need it the most)

I have a parts book in regular and Japanese numbers.

It seems the part numbers are
starter is 124250-77010
the filter: 124550-12500
the gasket: 124550-11310

I found a german-built starter online for about $320.00. Is there any point in
paying to have the starter rebuilt?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Robert

Last edited:
   / Parts for Yanmar YM2200 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Parts for Yanmar YM2200 #3  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. Try posting your questions on the Yanmar forum. You'll get more response as not a lot of members view the introductions page. And to answer your question, I always try to have a starter rebuilt before I buy a new one.

Ken

/ Parts for Yanmar YM2200 #6  
as far as your starter goes your are only a few miles away from one of the rebuilders in the united states his name is bob thomas phone number is 904-269-7052 and if need to replace it it surely will not be $300. and there is a gear reduction starter he can get and you still wont spend $300 and can pick it up right there in your town

/ Parts for Yanmar YM2200 #7  
Try Hoyle Tractor. They have a good web site and he is the largest Yanmar parts dealer. Good luck.

/ Parts for Yanmar YM2200
Thank you very much, Mitch. This sounds like great news. I have placed a call to Bob Thomas and will call again during the week.
Robert

2 bar M: thanks. I have located the gasket at Hoye. Robert

as far as your starter goes your are only a few miles away from one of the rebuilders in the united states his name is bob thomas phone number is 904-269-7052 and if need to replace it it surely will not be $300. and there is a gear reduction starter he can get and you still wont spend $300 and can pick it up right there in your town
Mitch: I wanted to let you know how helpful your message was to me. It turns out Bob Thomas is only about 1.5 miles from where I live. I took the starter motor to him and he diagnosed: Good starter; smoking during starting most likely due to weak cable leading to starter or weak connection. He cleaned up the post and the starter and charged me $10. I paid him $20 and still feel he blessed me more than I blessed him. I had someone install a better cable. I plan to take the tractor to Bob to put LED lights.
Amazing help ! thanks so much to you and to all the others who posted advice for me!

Robert Marino