Tractor lift arm issues

/ Tractor lift arm issues #1  

koamfps

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TN70DA & NH 2120
Ok, so I'm stuck on stupid. You know the part on /in the rear axel that hooks to the lift arms for the 3 point so they go up and down.... What is that part called?
Are the seals relatively easy to replace? My left side is leaking
it's for a new Holland TN70

Thanks
Sorry for my ignorance

/ Tractor lift arm issues #2  
Ok, so I'm stuck on stupid. You know the part on /in the rear axel that hooks to the lift arms for the 3 point so they go up and down.... What is that part called?
Are the seals relatively easy to replace? My left side is leaking
it's for a new Holland TN70

Thanks
Sorry for my ignorance

I am just guessing that you have top and tilt hydraulic installed. Most tractors have turnbuckles or telescoping tie rods.
If my guess is right the T&tT was added later. You need to find the manufacturer of the hydraulic cylinder and its product number so you can buy correct seal kit or take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop and have them do it for you.

/ Tractor lift arm issues
Ok so maybe I'm not getting it.. I went to NH site it says it's a implement carrier and from what I can match up it has a bar that slides through the back of the Transmission that the implement carrier arms attach to on each side and appears a seal is leaking.... Is this making any sense or am I spinning my wheels still? Confused

Last edited:
   / Tractor lift arm issues #4  
I went to the NH website and I think you are talking about the implement carrier page number 1.89.6(02) where it appears that you slides off the main lift arm and then take out two screws to remove the cover and the seals are right behind the cover. This should be real easy but you will have some transmission fluid to deal with. Other than that it looks pretty simple from the diagram.

Creamer I agree it don't look like rocket science. How much fluid you think I will lose. I'm guessing I'm gonna have to drain it.

/ Tractor lift arm issues #6  
I think I would drain it. It does not show a good picture of how much clearance is around that shaft but you are going to be between the transmission housing and the wheel so whatever comes out is probably going to be on you since I doubt it will be just a drip.

/ Tractor lift arm issues #7  
Not sure what technical term NH uses but it is a rockshaft that keeps the arms working together. Some tractors have one 3-pt lift cylinder, others 2, but no matter which they need to stay in phase so the rockshaft holds them together. Usually it is just a shaft on bearings/bushings but of course well lubed. Yours must get lube internally, hence the leak. Shouldn't be a hard repair. Some lube with zeros at each bearing.

/ Tractor lift arm issues #8  
You're talking the forward end of the lower 3 pt lift arm? Not familar with NH, but on JDs this is a load sensing bar for 3 pts that can raise /lower to adjust the load automaticly.

thanks for thr input