Fuel pump

/ Fuel pump #1  

jeson

Tractor
Ford 4000
Hi,

My Ford 4000 runs fine, but a couple of times in the last weeks it suddenly stops... When I try to start again nothing happens - the motor turns but it dosen't fire. Because there's no smoke at all I think it dosen't get any fuel. So I try to bleed the fule pump and it starts and runs fine again!
I can't find the reason - it is strange because it just happens now and again - mostly it runs fine. Any suggestions?

/ Fuel pump #2  
G'day sound like you might have a blocked filter to me and making the pump suck air, check all your fuel lines from the tank to the inj pump for cracks/looseness

Jon

/ Fuel pump
Hmm... Just thinking it's strange it's not consistently... I'll add a new fuel filter and take a look at the lines...

/ Fuel pump #4  
G'day you could also check the fuel tap where it fits into the tank the small strainer screen may be blocked

Jon

/ Fuel pump #6  
Ran into a problem like that with a yard sweeper and found that it was a simple fix crap in the tank plugging the outlet then swish the gas and the thing would run fine for a bit. So I agree with jon

/ Fuel pump #7  
My Kubota is doing exacty the same thing. I plan to drop the tanks and check the lines and flush the tanks. Hope that will help.