580K CASE BACKHOE

/ 580K CASE BACKHOE #1  

emily03

Tractor
B/H ACTS AS THOU IT HAS BRAKES ON WHEN IN REVERSE. THEN SHORTLY THEREAFTER IT ACTED AS IF BRAKES ON IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. IT IS A PHASE ONE. I AM GUESSING IT IS THE POWER SHUTTLE. IF SO, DO I NEED SPECIAL TOOLS TO REPAIR. ALSO WHEN CHANGING GEARS, IT RAKES, GOT REAL BAD JUST PRIOR TO ABOVE STATED PROBLEM.

/ 580K CASE BACKHOE #2  
I have rebuilt the power shuttle in my 580 K and it was not too bad a job. Then again I`ve done a bunch of Chevy automatics like the Turbo 400 and the turbo 350. The power shuttle is simpler just make sure you change the torque converter at the same time (for cleanliness) and keep it all scrupulously clean when assembling. It helps to have the service manual. Good luck to you.

/ 580K CASE BACKHOE #3  
G'day and :welcome:, before you go ripping into the shuttle unit have you verified that it is not a brake prob? Lift the back wheels up with the stabilizers and make sure you can turn the wheels easy it does not sound like a shuttle prob to me. Let us know what you find.

Jon

/ 580K CASE BACKHOE
IT IS NOT A BRAKE PROBLEM!!!!!!!! WHEN I BOUGHT BH SOME YEARS BACK I ALSO BOUGHT SHOP MANUALS. DISCOVERED DURING THIS PROBLEM THEY WERE FOR TYPE 3. WILL BE SHOPPING FOR MANUALS!!!!!!!!!! THINKS BOTH OF U FOR YOUR REPLY........