kubota l series front axle failure

/ kubota l series front axle failure #1  

adamchevelle

Tractor
m
trouble with kubota bx, b or l series 1996-2003 front axle seal leaks, outer and inner bevel gear bearing fragmentation, leading to total axle failure. i am a kubota tech and have had multiple problems with tractors of similar hours, SN# and load conditions. heavy duty ntn 207 and 208 c3 bearings were recommended but after installation the failures occured again sooner. hairline fractures in the outer bearing cover indicated metal fatigue in the bearing relief anyone else?

semper fi

/ kubota l series front axle failure #2  
No answer to your question, but I do think that it's interesting that a Kubota tech would ask this on a forum. Kubota themselves should have records if this is a common failure or issue that has arisen at least enough times to be noteworthy....

/ kubota l series front axle failure #3  
He indicates that he is a tractor dealer employee and that he has a "M" tractor in his profile. I agree that his post is somewhat peculiar. Perhaps he is attempting to make us aware of some problems that he has come across in regards to his experiences? :confused:

/ kubota l series front axle failure #4  
trouble with kubota bx, b or l series 1996-2003 front axle seal leaks, outer and inner bevel gear bearing fragmentation, leading to total axle failure. i am a kubota tech and have had multiple problems with tractors of similar hours, SN# and load conditions. heavy duty ntn 207 and 208 c3 bearings were recommended but after installation the failures occured again sooner. hairline fractures in the outer bearing cover indicated metal fatigue in the bearing relief anyone else?

semper fi

Yes. Had one myself, on the B. Was turning at high speed in 4WD.

Dis-assembled in field, ran to dealer, got parts, re-assembled in field.

Well documented.

Crap happens.

/ kubota l series front axle failure #5  
Can't say we have seen anything of this nature.

/ kubota l series front axle failure #6  
The only dealer I'm aware of in the Pickney area is Aschleman near US23 and Territorial Road and I thought they sold Kioti, not Kubota. Maybe he has brands mixed up.:laughing:

/ kubota l series front axle failure #7  
Had this happen on my old 1999 L2500. Axle seal started leaking, changed the seal. Did not change the bearings. Lasted a few years until I traded it in. Never had it leak again after the seal was replaced.

/ kubota l series front axle failure #8  
First post. Made at 1:10 in the a.m. Not much more to say.

Yup. Stuff happens. Fix it and move on.