Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog.

/ Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog. #1  

Anonymous Poster

Need advice on cost of 4\' bush hog.

My Iseki TS 2205 is still overheating. I did everything that was suggested to correct the problem. I now assume the problem is my bush hog is to big for tractor I have a 5' model bush hog. Question is how much should a used 4' bush hog in good shape cost me?

I have no idea even where to look for a used one. I can get prices on finish mowers but not used bush Hog. I live in middle Tennessee. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Don

/ Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog. #2  
Re: Need advice on cost of 4\' bush hog.

Does the tractor overheat without the bushhog attached? I have a hard time believing that is the problem. Do you know if it has a waterpump or does it use thermosyphon? Did you flush the system and flow test the radiator? (disconnect both radiator hoses and run waterhose hose full force through upper hose neck, should not overflow). Refill with plain water. The only problem that bushhog should cause would be in lifting it.

/ Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog.

Only overheats when the tractor is working hard.

My tractor has 22 hp. My bush hog is a 5' Argi King. Quite similar to the ones you would buy at Tractor Supply. They sell King Cutters. So it isn't heavy nor light weight.

My hydralic lifts it quite easily. I had to put some weight on the front end to keep wheel on ground but tractor lifts it easly.

I have a water pump. I haven't reversed flushed radiator yet but my water is hot so I am having some cicrculatuion of water. I did wash out my radiator fins. They were not very dirty. My tractor is in good condition and only shows 1050 hours.

Any idea any one has will help me.

My field is getting almost too tall to bush hog.

Don Worrell

/ Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog.

On that chinese tractor owners web page they have talked a good bit in the past about tractors over heating,the thing many on there say is you need to take the radiator off and take it to a car wash with plenty of pressure and clean the fins and the inside out good,you should look on there and maybe find out some info. RICHARD GAUTHIER

/ Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog. #5  

I suspect as mentioned above that the radiator has reduced capacity due to calcification (clogged internal ducts) and you may want to first take Norm's suggestion and flush with water from the top to check the flow rate.

Beyond that if you are bogging down the tractor when cutting then try taking smaller swaths (3-4') to simulate a 4' cutter and cutting more frequently before it gets knee high.

Carl

/ Need advice on cost of 4' bush hog. #6  

"my water is hot so I am having some circulatuion of water."
I don't understand your theory there. If you break a fan belt and have no circulation, the water will boil out in a heartbeat.
If you want to fix that thing you need to make sure it will pass that flow test. You may even need to get the radiator rodded out by a radiator shop.