jd 513 slip clutch

/ jd 513 slip clutch #1  

tag01

Tractor
IH 1466, IH 656, JD B, JD 955
I need to put a slip clutch on my 513 jd rotary cutter. JD dealer wants $435 for clutch......ouch!! Tractor supply has a s clutch for $160 shaft size is correct but the hole for the shear pin is way bigger than the hole in the JD shaft coming out of the gear box. Any other lower $$ help would be appreciated

/ jd 513 slip clutch #2  
I need to put a slip clutch on my 513 jd rotary cutter. JD dealer wants $435 for clutch......ouch!! Tractor supply has a s clutch for $160 shaft size is correct but the hole for the shear pin is way bigger than the hole in the JD shaft coming out of the gear box. Any other lower $$ help would be appreciated

Check Agri-Supply (Farm Equipment, Mower Parts, Tractor Parts, Garden Supplies | Agri Supply). They have slip cliutches also. i think they are under a $100.

How much difference in the bolt hole size? You can put in a grade 8 bolt because the slip clutch is what's protecting your drive line. There may be a little bit of slop because of the hole size difference but that should be worth the ~$300 price difference.

/ jd 513 slip clutch
The JD shear bolt diameter is M10 (.394") not sure on the slip clutch but by the naked eye it is quite a bit bigger. The gear box shaft has a groove about the circumfirance probably for a wedge pin in the high dollar deere slip clutch. I will check out the places you listed and hopefully get some more responses.