John Deere 4020 ?electrical? problem

/ John Deere 4020 ?electrical? problem #1  

chemosapien

Tractor
John Deere 4020
Hello all,

I was running my 4020 in a dusty field and the engine stopped very abruptly. I didn't see any smoke or anything else that would indicate an overheat(it had only been running for about 45 minutes) but when after I cleaned the air filter, I checked the radiator and the water was empty. :ashamed:

Now when I filled the radiator and tried to turn it back on, nothing happens, it doesn't turn over or make any sound.:confused:

The lights come on so I think the batteries are fine, but I'm praying for a simple electrical reset switch or override that I'm missing.

thanks in advance for any insight

/ John Deere 4020 ?electrical? problem #2  
Maybe the your not getting any power to the key switch, since it doesnt make any sounds when you try to crank it. It has an electric fuel shut off which would explain it stopping on you and the lights are on a different wire/switch which would explain them working.

/ John Deere 4020 ?electrical? problem
How do I get to the wiring on the key switch? I'll probably have to get a mechanic to do this, but if anybody wants to try and explain it if it's easy enough, i'd really appreciate the help.