cub cadet 3185 loosing power help

/ cub cadet 3185 loosing power help #11  
Ok did that and rear tires spun for about 2 seconds and then engine bogged down slowly and cut off in about 5 seconds after tires stoped spinning
So it is probably a fuel delivery issue (ie: the engine cant get enough gas when it needs more power) OR as someone else said, you have issues with one coil and are only really running on one cylinder.

Aaron Z

/ cub cadet 3185 loosing power help #15  
You're not pushing harder on the hydro pedal and over-gearing the tractor are you? Sorry if that's a dumb question for you.
Jim

/ cub cadet 3185 loosing power help
Backed up to tree and it just spun tires did not stall out but it also is not under the same load because it is not trying to go as fast if that makes sense. It will bog down in forward on a uphill incline no matter where the hydro pedal is so I don't think I am pressing pedal to hard. I checked the hydro fluid and it is clean and to the full mark but the gear box does get very hot. It will cut fine on flat ground but the slightest uphill incline and the blades will lose power to them and barley spin and if I let off the forward pedal they speed back up and are fine till I pick up speed and slow down again. Checked entire deck and it is a ok. I am thinking it has to be in the carb or linkage to the carb just dont know what and how to check it. Only other thing that could be robing power is the hydro rear gearbox and I know nothing about it either.:(

/ cub cadet 3185 loosing power help #17  
Don't know the tractor but had same problem with a cub. If it has a governor could be stuck or dirty.

/ cub cadet 3185 loosing power help #18  
Backed up to tree and it just spun tires did not stall out but it also is not under the same load because it is not trying to go as fast if that makes sense. It will bog down in forward on a uphill incline no matter where the hydro pedal is so I don't think I am pressing pedal to hard. I checked the hydro fluid and it is clean and to the full mark but the gear box does get very hot. It will cut fine on flat ground but the slightest uphill incline and the blades will lose power to them and barley spin and if I let off the forward pedal they speed back up and are fine till I pick up speed and slow down again. Checked entire deck and it is a ok. I am thinking it has to be in the carb or linkage to the carb just dont know what and how to check it. Only other thing that could be robing power is the hydro rear gearbox and I know nothing about it either.:(

What did you ever find out about your 3185 loosing power? I am having a similar problem with my 3205.