BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!!

/ BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!! #1  

rgs03833

Gold Member
Tractor
MTD 660, 690 - John Deere 60, 70, 108, 2 of 111, 111h, STX38
Guys, it was a BAD day for me :(

Please, please, please BECAREFUL with any REPAIRS with your TRACTOR !!!'

Today, I was wiping off the Fly Wheel because it was raining last night and I pressed the Start Button just to check if everything was OK...

The PAPER TOWEL that was in my hand winding up with the Fly Wheel and it GRABBED my Middle Finger and TOOK half a CHUCK at the TOP down to my first NUCKLE !!!

Now surgery tomorrow and they will CUT it DOWN FURTHER so the can Graft the Skin back.

Please take it as a lesson and remind yourself, anything can happen.... Just have to becareful that is all :'(

Pix Below after Emergency Room :(. I'm SOOOO STUPID and don't be like me !!!

PLEASE >>>>>>>>>>:mur:

Attachments

• 100_0312.jpg
    100_0312.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 184
   / BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!! #2  
OOOOOOOUUUUUUCH sorry to hear and see that hope all goes well with surgery. It goes to show though we can never be too careful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jon

/ BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!! #3  
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I always disconnect the battery to prevent accidents like the one you had.

/ BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!!
OOOOOOOUUUUUUCH sorry to hear and see that hope all goes well with surgery. It goes to show though we can never be too careful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jon

Thank You Jon....

Please becareful with yourself since there is 1 Idiot today. We don't need another one.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep me in you mind when you are working, cause FREAK Accidents can happen.... AS YOU CAN SEE :(

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I always disconnect the battery to prevent accidents like the one you had.

Good for You!

It was a FREAK Accident really.... Who in the World would think that Paper Towel would get Caught and Wind Up your Finger(s) and Pull You in?

Shows to say that things can happen and I can be an Idiot !!!

/ BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!! #6  
So sorry to hear about your accident. Most of all us are guilty of not using foresight and thinking ahead. Perhaps by posting this, other members will rethink the process when they are performing repairs or maintenance on their machinery? Even though most people practice Safety methods, we sometimes tend to rush things and fail to consider negative possibilities. I have had many narrow escapes in regards to wrong decisions in the methods that I have used to facilitate tasks on machinery in the past. Best wishes to you and I sincerely hope that your finger heals.

So sorry to hear about your accident. Most of all us are guilty of not using foresight and thinking ahead. Perhaps by posting this, other members will rethink the process when they are performing repairs or maintenance on their machinery? Even though most people practice Safety methods, we sometimes tend to rush things and fail to consider negative possibilities. I have had many narrow escapes in regards to wrong decisions in the methods that I have used to facilitate tasks on machinery in the past. Best wishes to you and I sincerely hope that your finger heals.

Thank you !!!

Yes, most and I'm sure 99% of People would NOT think that a Piece of Paper Towel would somehow do such Damages....

Well, just to show you. Myself and most can be wrong. If it has pulled in where the Breaking Line was... It wouldn't do such Damages... But see it Pulled Straight in and Wraped around my Finger... That's what I'm calling a FREAK Accident...

By posting up here, just to help you guys see the Brighter Side of it, that it can happen.

I'm NOT here to get attention... I got enought today.... LOL... The Cops that came to my house and picked up the Top Piece of my Finger, had to make a report because he wanted to make sure that NO ONE pushes me into it, LOL

Just to WARN my fellow TBN that is all... Don't be an Idiot like me and think that it can't happen.... NOT A PIECE OF PAPER TOWEL !!!

/ BECAREFUL DURING YOUR RAPAIR !!! #8  
Good for You!

It was a FREAK Accident really.... Who in the World would think that Paper Towel would get Caught and Wind Up your Finger(s) and Pull You in?

Shows to say that things can happen and I can be an Idiot !!!

The reason I always disconnect the battery whenever I'm working on vehicles or machinery is because of a similar lesson I learned about 25 years ago, when I was nearly crushed by a truck that was in gear (standard shift) and I accidentally engaged the starter as I was working under it. I was in a hurry (mistake #1) and didn't disconnect the battery (mistake #2).

Personally, I don't believe situations like this can be called freak accidents, because if the proper safety precautions are taken, accidents generally won't happen.

However, I do sympathize with you, because we are all human, and humans make mistakes.