Remote Hydraulics - a space problem?

/ Remote Hydraulics - a space problem? #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I have been contemplating this one for a while and could use some help. My objective is to have a set of rear remote hydraulic connections to operate a Hydraulic top link. My tractor is a 1985 Zetor 5245 which I bought new with a FEL. (I know it is not a favourite of many here but it has served me well) The hydraulics for the FEL were installed using the rear remotes that came with the tractor and running two lines (pressure and return I assume) to a two spool valve with power beyond. The valve is mounted on the loader frame between the the motor block and the FEL Upright - the just is NOT enough room (only about 1.5 inches) to access the Power Beyond port.
Now I shall display my hydraulic ignorance with my question - is it possible (feasible) and cost effective to install a "T" in each of the remote lines operating the FEL before they get to the spool and use these, through an additional spool valve to install the remotes. The hydraulic pump is rated at 8.4 gallons/minute and 1700 PSI. I don't anticipate having to use the FEL at exactly the same time as the Hydraulic Top Link except in rare cases where I will (I think) just have to be patient.

Any advice on this approach or options that may be simpler, safer, less expensive??

Thanks

Bob

/ Remote Hydraulics - a space problem? #2  
You only need to tap into one of the lines (either "to" or "from) as long as the valve you add for your top & Tilt has a Power Beyond port.

"break" the line, run it to your new T&T valve. Then run the power beyond port from your new valve back to the line you "broke".

I"ll try to sketch a schematic when I get a chance.

/ Remote Hydraulics - a space problem? #3  
Bob,

Can't post the schamatic as I can't convert from bmp to jpg. I've got it in powerpoint. PM me with your email & I can send it to you.

/ Remote Hydraulics - a space problem? #4  
If you're using XP, the latest version of Paint will load a bmp (as it always has) and save it to jpg or gif. If you have a version of Microsoft Photo Editor hanging around (I think it comes with Office), it will do the same, and is also the easiest way I know to resize pictures.

/ Remote Hydraulics - a space problem? #5  
Running NT here at work. Photo Editor isn't running on my machine. I've got image editing software at home.