John Deere 110 backhoe tach help

/ John Deere 110 backhoe tach help #1  

Steamroller69633

Tractor
John Deere 110 backhoe, MF231s
I have a JD110 backhoe i think its an '06 but not positive. When i set the throttle at say 2000 and drive using the hystat pedals, intermittenly the tach drops to 0 and then the speed drops to a crawl. The actual engine speed never changes. Please help me troubleshoot if anyone can. Thank you

/ John Deere 110 backhoe tach help
Also i should say that the machine sits alot and has only about 300 hours on it.

/ John Deere 110 backhoe tach help #3  
Do you get any flashing code, its a book like symbol on the bottom left of the display and it will flash a code when there is a problem. Does it do it in any range? Are you working it or just driving, any more details could help. I will get mine to stop and turn the light on solid if I move forward on the seat to look at something. I think the tech stays up at the set rpm.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 110 backhoe tach help
I will do some more research this weekend. I didnt notice the book icon. It only does it when im driving. It makes me think it has a wire rubbed through somewhere

/ John Deere 110 backhoe tach help #5  
I just got a 110, but haven't heard of this problem. With the engine not dropping I'm guessing electrical, but where the problem is will be a bigger question of where and in what part of the electrical system.