Please help, need to remove gear shift knob.

/ Please help, need to remove gear shift knob. #21  
on hard to fid boots, I've hit an auto store and found a small cv boot and cut it to fit. the metal pull clamps they provide woork good.

on my allis chalmers G, the oem shift boot was near 15$.. the cv boot for an import compact i bought and cut was 4.88$ and fit perfectly... looks live too witht he square pleats... really oil a nd grease resistant too..

/ Please help, need to remove gear shift knob. #22  
Great idea. I'll look for a cv or steering rod boot that I can trim down and make fit while I keep looking. I did find a Massey Ferguson Shift Boot (Shallow) Product ID: MFSBS (at TSC) that had the exact dimensions I need with exception of height. I found on the internet MF also makes a "deep" shift boot, I need to find the dimensions on it, tho. the guy at ssbtractor told me it won't fit and that I won't find one. I can't believe someone doesn't have one that'll fit my ford 1600. stay tuned... Thanks again for the suggestion.

/ Please help, need to remove gear shift knob. #23  
you may have to go off application.. but I'd be surprised if ther eis not something out there commercially made that won't fit.