Injector pump timing on 2360 long

/ Injector pump timing on 2360 long #1  

Shane white

Tractor
Long 2360
I have a 2360 long tractor and removed fuel pump when reinstalling it it has key to put gear back on when I align it and tighten bolt in the middle should this put it right back in time......

/ Injector pump timing on 2360 long #2  
As long as the gear has not changed its relationship with the gear it meshes with, then yes, it should still be in time.

/ Injector pump timing on 2360 long
Thank you for responding I put pump back on and got started but only firing on 2 cylinders middle and back the front one when I break the fuel line Lose it squirts fuel but motor doesn't idle on down like the other two is their pose to be a mark on fly wheel I didn't see one to make sure it was timed right

/ Injector pump timing on 2360 long #4  
Since I don't know why you pulled the pump to start with, I'm not sure what went wrong. I suggest you take a few minutes, pull the injector from the cylinder in question, and trade it with the easiest of the others to remove. Start it back up and see if the problem follows the injector or stays with that cylinder.

/ Injector pump timing on 2360 long #5  
I'm sure the pump mounting flange is slotted for adjustment. Have you tried rotating the pump on the slots a bit to see what happens?

Yes tried with fuel lines on it won't hardly turn but I will try again to turn it thx I'll let you know thx for help greatly appreciated especially when your a rookie like I am at working on tractors but enjoy it though just alot to learn lol

Ohh and the reason I took pump off was it had a leak on back where the 4 bolts are with an o ring seal inside replacing it I broke one of the bolts off in the pump and had to remove to get broke bolt out lol oops......

Hey Harry I loosened that pump and with good persuasion got it to turn about 8th an inch and guess I got lucky on direction cause I started that thing up and now it's back to purring like a kitten I liked just a little I guess man I appreciate the advice we been working it all morning and even starts easier now thx again just wanted to let you know