Ford 2000 Generator (gas)

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #1  

oka

Tractor
ford 2000
Need to find a repair shop near Franklinton, La to rebuild generator or assist in coverting to an alternator. Thanks

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #2  
G'day if you are not going for a concourse rebuild then go the alt route much better charge rate and easier to get parts for, I see you have a petrol (sorry gas:D) model so an alt conversion should be quite easy.

Go to the wreckers (junkyard) and get an alt of an early mod vehicle with an inbuilt reg they usually have two wires off the back, one a stud that hooks up to batt pos with about 8mm wire and the other a spade terminal that gets powered up from the ign on at the back of ign switch, through a warning light (you need the kind with two wires LED type no good) power in one wire and the other wire goes off to the smaller spade terminal on the back of the alt. This cicruit excites the alt making it charge and you know it is charging because the light has gone out .

I don't know if they are as readily avail over there as they are here but the 35amp Bosch ones were used over here in most of the cars from mid 60s through until the mid 80s ( i.e LOTS of them laying around and can be had for about $10 from a wrecker), some are still using them today only with higher amp to cope with the greater demand of the modern vehicle

Jon

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #3  
is this a 3 cyl 2000? If so the generator is also the tachometer drive.

if this is a prior model 4 cyl, you could go alt... though these rebuild failry cheap ( mind you.. an alt is fairly cheap too! )

repops, new, for about 90$ online.

alts for 45$ ( -15 for core ) locally at autozone.. make yer own brackets..e tc...

gen regs.. 25-40$ etc..

let us know what help you need!

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #4  
it is cheaper just to buy a aftermarket gen. if its a 65 plus model 3cyl. i sell them for around 70 dollars for new gen with a new tach drive installed on it

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #5  
way cheaper than anywher ehere in fl.

cheapest I have found is 89$ with no pulley or drive.... gotta swap em over...

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #6  
way cheaper than anywher ehere in fl.

cheapest I have found is 89$ with no pulley or drive.... gotta swap em over...

the ones i get doesn't have the pully but does have the fan and drive but yea i have seen them for way more

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #7  
yours indian origin?

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #9  
jacksonville.. neat... wife (current one :) ) grew up there...

/ Ford 2000 Generator (gas) #10  
jacksonville.. neat... wife (current one :) ) grew up there...

Their starters, generators & alternators are quite good,at least the ones we sell. We sell 1100-0100 starters for the post-65 Ford Diesels to the exception of anything else. Flip side, I just got burned in a big way on a double clutch from there. Not likely to happen twice.

Last edited: