kubota bx25 start safety switch?

/ kubota bx25 start safety switch? #1  

Bill Shenefelt

Tractor
Kubota BX24
I have a bx 25 that just will not crank over. Nothing! Battery is fine, both underseat safety switches are ok I guess since jumping them does not help. I do get fuel pump clicking sound and both the dash lights light up but no crank or even solenoid activation!
Is there a switch somewhere that will not allow starter activation unless the foot brake is on? Where is it hidden? The problem was intermittant a couple of times and now I cannot get it to do anything.

/ kubota bx25 start safety switch?
Seems the problem was tied in with the equipment drive shaft activation lever. It has been known to not want to go the whole way to disengage and also be tough to get to the engage position. I have no Idea as to what makes it difficult to move. Any thoughts?? Also anyone know how to improve the movement of the forward - reverse pedal? It sometimes is slow to go to "neutrql movement" and when this hapens the tractor brake is prety useless.

/ kubota bx25 start safety switch? #3  
Just play with the PTO controls and the HST pedal...That should work.

/ kubota bx25 start safety switch? #4  
Bill, the safety switch on the PTO engaging lever seems to be factory adjusted right on the hairy edge... often brushing the lever with your pant-leg while getting off the tractor on the left side will move the lever enough, resulting in your no-start situation. The switch bracket has elongated holes, so the switch can be moved slightly to remedy this problem... easiest to get at with left rear wheel removed.
also, the pivot point for the HST pedal has a grease nipple/zerk, there is a little cut-out in the rubber floor mat that can be lifted for easy access to this grease fitting... a good shot of grease should help the pedal mechanism move smoothly.

Pete

/ kubota bx25 start safety switch? #5  
Ugly and Bill Your posts are old but hoping foradvice. Bought used 25BX a few months ago and sometimes have had to jiggle the PTO selector
lever but never ran PTO until I dismounted the back hoe and mounted rototiller a couple of days ago. I engaged the tiller (at too low a speed) and tractor stalled.
Now jiggling the lever and moving HST pedals doesn't work When I turn the key i hear a fast clicking sound but starter doesn't spin. 5 seconds after turning the key off I hear a single click from the engine compartment (This happened several times). Battery is fully charged.
Lucky me - tractor is sitting in the field any ideas?

/ kubota bx25 start safety switch? #6  
First you have to find the interlock switch causing the problem. There are 4-5 of them that will keep it from starting. Then it is usually an easy fix or replacement. Having a Work Shop Manual can be of big help with this. $100 is a lot cheaper than a trip to the dealer.

Ron