Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default kubota bx25 start safety switch?

I have a bx 25 that just will not crank over. Nothing! Battery is fine, both underseat safety switches are ok I guess since jumping them does not help. I do get fuel pump clicking sound and both the dash lights light up but no crank or even solenoid activation!
    Is there a switch somewhere that will not allow starter activation unless the foot brake is on? Where is it hidden? The problem was intermittant a couple of times and now I cannot get it to do anything.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: kubota bx25 start safety switch?

Seems the problem was tied in with the equipment drive shaft activation lever. It has been known to not want to go the whole way to disengage and also be tough to get to the engage position. I have no Idea as to what makes it difficult to move. Any thoughts?? Also anyone know how to improve the movement of the forward - reverse pedal? It sometimes is slow to go to "neutrql movement" and when this hapens the tractor brake is prety useless.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Just play with the PTO controls and the HST pedal...That should work.
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Gold Member uglyboywith11fingers's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G

Bill, the safety switch on the PTO engaging lever seems to be factory adjusted right on the hairy edge... often brushing the lever with your pant-leg while getting off the tractor on the left side will move the lever enough, resulting in your no-start situation. The switch bracket has elongated holes, so the switch can be moved slightly to remedy this problem... easiest to get at with left rear wheel removed.
    also, the pivot point for the HST pedal has a grease nipple/zerk, there is a little cut-out in the rubber floor mat that can be lifted for easy access to this grease fitting... a good shot of grease should help the pedal mechanism move smoothly.

Pete