Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240

Default tractor clutches on EBay???

My M 6800 kubota needs a new clutch. There are clutches for sale on EBay at "Tractorclutchesrus" for about 1/2 of what I have found elsewhere. They are listed with the normal Kubota part # and appear to be OEM parts, but I still need to verify that. Just wondered if anyone has bought a clutch from them and have any comments. Thanks for any advice on this clutch repair. My dealer (who I am not going to use for many reasons) estimated about 6 hours labor. Is that realistic for a 4 WD Kubota? I would have thought more than that.

Tractor
    fords

Default Re: tractor clutches on EBay???

Quote Originally Posted by HCJtractor View Post
    My dealer (who I am not going to use for many reasons) estimated about 6 hours labor. Is that realistic for a 4 WD kubota? I would have thought more than that.
    i would say between 10 and 12 hours

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

I have installed several tractor clutch kits that I bought on ebay and I have never had a problem. I have never installed a clutch from tractorclutchesrus. Lets see what others have to say.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Silver Member

Ask them using the ebay messaging system if it is oem. If they say it is and it turns out to be something different you should be covered under the buyer protection plan. If it is then it should say so on the page that the item is listed on.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

I talked to the guy at Tractorclutchesrus today. He was very nice and seemed knowledgeable. His clutches are aftermarket, but according to him, are just as good and he has had great success with them. He claims (which is probably true) that kubota doesn't make clutches anyway, so these are standard clutches as you would find anywhere, maybe made in the same factory, to the same specifications. Normally, I would rather have OEM parts, but in this case, if I buy the Kubota OEM from a reputable online dealer, my cost would be $1126 whereas his parts are $340, a $789 difference! So the question is whether I am willing to gamble to save $800. That's a big jump! They are new, not remans. I believe that I will take a chance unless someone here gives me reason not to. i can't believe that a Kubota clutch would be $800 better. What would you do. Another factor is I am thinking about selling my tractor in the future and buying a bigger one, so having a clutch repaired for less makes more sense. Here is a pic of what is for sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -clutch-kubota-jpg  
    Last edited by HCJtractor; 05-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    I have installed several tractor clutch kits that I bought on ebay and I have never had a problem. I have never installed a clutch from tractorclutchesrus. Lets see what others have to say.
    Were these OEM or aftermarket???

Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

I have purchased several compact tractor clutches from them and been very satisfied. I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy the clutch you need from them.
    Darryl

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Like I said I have purchased several clutch kits from ebay with no problem. Are the ckutches you are looking at made in china, maybe maybe not, but whose is to say that the ones that are $1100 weren't made in china. I don't think I could pass up savings like that.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH