tractor clutches on EBay???

/ tractor clutches on EBay??? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
My M 6800 Kubota needs a new clutch. There are clutches for sale on EBay at "Tractorclutchesrus" for about 1/2 of what I have found elsewhere. They are listed with the normal Kubota part # and appear to be OEM parts, but I still need to verify that. Just wondered if anyone has bought a clutch from them and have any comments. Thanks for any advice on this clutch repair. My dealer (who I am not going to use for many reasons) estimated about 6 hours labor. Is that realistic for a 4 WD Kubota? I would have thought more than that.

/ tractor clutches on EBay??? #2  
My dealer (who I am not going to use for many reasons) estimated about 6 hours labor. Is that realistic for a 4 WD Kubota? I would have thought more than that.

i would say between 10 and 12 hours

/ tractor clutches on EBay??? #3  
I have installed several tractor clutch kits that I bought on ebay and I have never had a problem. I have never installed a clutch from tractorclutchesrus. Lets see what others have to say.

/ tractor clutches on EBay??? #4  
Ask them using the ebay messaging system if it is oem. If they say it is and it turns out to be something different you should be covered under the buyer protection plan. If it is then it should say so on the page that the item is listed on.

/ tractor clutches on EBay???
I talked to the guy at Tractorclutchesrus today. He was very nice and seemed knowledgeable. His clutches are aftermarket, but according to him, are just as good and he has had great success with them. He claims (which is probably true) that Kubota doesn't make clutches anyway, so these are standard clutches as you would find anywhere, maybe made in the same factory, to the same specifications. Normally, I would rather have OEM parts, but in this case, if I buy the Kubota OEM from a reputable online dealer, my cost would be $1126 whereas his parts are $340, a $789 difference! So the question is whether I am willing to gamble to save $800. That's a big jump! They are new, not remans. I believe that I will take a chance unless someone here gives me reason not to. i can't believe that a Kubota clutch would be $800 better. What would you do. Another factor is I am thinking about selling my tractor in the future and buying a bigger one, so having a clutch repaired for less makes more sense. Here is a pic of what is for sale.

Attachments

• clutch kubota.jpg
    clutch kubota.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
   / tractor clutches on EBay???
I have installed several tractor clutch kits that I bought on ebay and I have never had a problem. I have never installed a clutch from tractorclutchesrus. Lets see what others have to say.

Were these OEM or aftermarket???

/ tractor clutches on EBay??? #7  
I have purchased several compact tractor clutches from them and been very satisfied. I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy the clutch you need from them.

/ tractor clutches on EBay??? #8  
Like I said I have purchased several clutch kits from ebay with no problem. Are the ckutches you are looking at made in china, maybe maybe not, but whose is to say that the ones that are $1100 weren't made in china. I don't think I could pass up savings like that.