Help with attaching Carb Govenor Spring

/ Help with attaching Carb Govenor Spring #1  

Amos1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 861 Powermaster
Hello....

I noticed the spring was broken that fits on my carb linkage (861 Ford) and I bought a new one.

But I can't figure out where one end attaches?

The "Long End" connects to a hole in a plate on the linkage (right under the Air Cleaner), but where does the other end connect? Anybody know? It goes somewhere under and close to the battery tray I think.

Thanks- Dennis

/ Help with attaching Carb Govenor Spring #2  
i'm running out of the office.. but check the master parts catalog online at the cnh website.. might show a pic for ya!

/ Help with attaching Carb Govenor Spring
Thanks for responding...

Yea, I looked at the spring on the parts schematic, and it shows the end under the air cleaner, but not the other end.

There is a tab with a slot in it under the battery box. There was post on YT site where a guy thought it might hook there. But it sure seems like a long stretch for the spring I bought, and I bought mine from the Ford/NH dealer...

Might see it it will reach that far without ruining it.

Was hoping someone had an old ford (8n, Jubilee, 600 or 800 series, etc.) who could take peak at where theirs attaches. I bet they're the same place...

Thanks Sound guy!

/ Help with attaching Carb Govenor Spring #4  
there IS a spring that fits a nub on the bottom of the battery box that travels past the belcrank on the bellhousing to a rocker on the linkage. without going out to the pasture to look, i'd guestamate 8" whodat or rickb may know off the top of their head...