b7100 broke today need help

/ b7100 broke today need help #1  

badbowtie

Bronze Member
Tractor
B7100 gear drive
I have a older b7100 trator it is gear drive and I am thinking about 1981 but I was using it today with the bush hog on the back and was using the front bucket to rip out some trees before I bush hoged the small area. Well I had the bucket under the root ball and when I lifted it jerked the back of the tractor and I bounced in one good time and tree popped. But the bolts that are on the center piece were the shifter is that bolts to the transaxle sheered two bolts off. So I stopped because it had the front of the tractor and the back not very strong. I pulled of to the side and unhooked the bush hog and brought the tractor back up to the garage put a floor jack under the rear end and tryed to use a ratchet trap from rops far to front end loader to pull it back together. Loud pop and fluid all over the floor. Split that section about 8" crack right were the drain plug is. So I need to find that piece that bolts in front of the transaxle that has the shifter on top. It is only about 10" long but I need it. I am not sure how much parts will cost me to fix it. Or should I just sell the tractor 4' bush hog, 60" finish mower and grader blade. Just not sure what it is worth broke and buy a bobcat.

/ b7100 broke today need help #2  
Wow, that's pretty unfortunate. :( I have a B7200, and I know exactly what your talking about. I would suggest someplace like eBay, although it might be a while before one becomes available.

But when it is fixed, you still have the same tractor,and while it is a good tractor, it isn't really designed for heavy digging as you found out.

I don't have a loader on mine, and I never considered getting one for that reason. But it does help having a small skid loader, and a mini excavator.

If by some chance I run across one, I will pass the info along as I am always searching for parts for my machines.

/ b7100 broke today need help
I actually bought it 4 years ago and have done this many of times before with the bushhog brand 1846QT front end loader. I just have never done it with the bush hog on the back which is very heavy. I really only use it to grade the long gravel driveway and use the bucket to bring all the gravel back to the top any more. I just bought a pull behind mower for the atv so atleast I don't need it to cut grass.

Last edited:
   / b7100 broke today need help #4  
I'd would go to messicks.com and download diagrams for your tractor and get the rough idea how much it would be to fix.

Yea I am going to do that and I also am going to head to the local kubota dealer this morning and see what they say. I also have been looking around and if I bought a new b7100 hydrostatic tractor could I reuse my bushhog brand 1846QT loader. I am not sure how many hours the hydro tractors last before needing major work as long as it has been maintained.

Last edited:
   / b7100 broke today need help #6  
"if I bought a new b7100 hydrostatic tractor could I reuse my woods 1846 loader."

1995 HST takes

Attachments

• B7100HST.jpg
    B7100HST.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 93
I found a b7100 hst tractor with less hours than what I have and am not sure how many hours these usally last before needing motor work. Also are you saying my bushhog brand 1846QT front end loader will not work on the hst that works great on my gear drive b7100. I could switch my front end loader and then just part my tractor out on ebay I think the front axle and rear axle and motor would be worth some money. Just not sure how much.

Last edited:
Okay well I still have my broke b7100 gear drive I just located a transmission case bare. I am not sure how much work I am looking at to replace it I will pull all my stuff and reuse it. I want to make sure there are not a bunch of weird special tools I need. I have only had the front half apart from motor to bell housing not the rear section. Is this a fairly straight forward deal like 5-8 hours or are we talking like 50-60 hour job.